Post your STP

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mmmkay. take off the pegs cause you dont use them, its just adding extra weight, you can tell you dont cause theres no markings on them xD
nice bike though
Maybe he wants to learn how to use them.
All STP's are nice. Will post mine when painted and back in 4X mode.
Tom.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mines definately the STP with the biggest balls. It has only one friend on this site and it is me. haha
STP

timbo #48 STP

Likes Dirt
Lot's of other frames do as well, and that snap was probably from someone using triple clamps, so it was there fault, not Giants!
i love my stp. such good value for money.
but my chain snapped after a month or two.
i have nothing against stp's but they are pretty cheap.

cant wait to get a blk mrkt!!

Last edited:

mx_sic

Likes Dirt
i love my stp. such good value for money.
but my chain snapped after a month or two.
i have nothing stp's but they are pretty cheap.

cant wait to get a blk mrkt!!
Ah dude, wtf? Chains snap on even the most expensive $10 000+ boutique bikes, its got nothing to do with the bike, your chain was probably damaged.

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, the first ever run I did on my norco (which cost originally $7000+) I was riding up a flat ramp on a train station and my chain snapped.. Happens all the time to anyone... anywhere.... (damn selfish chains)

mx_sic

Likes Dirt
yer i know, but my bike was like a month old. and i hadn't ben riding hard yet. anyways.

stp are still the bomb.
Did you not understand? You don't HAVE to ride hard to break a chain like davo808 said, 1st run and it broke on a $7000 bike, is it therefore a lesser bike because the chain snapped on the first ride.

I don't think sooo...

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, power to you if you want to keep gears. Just, if you're riding street/park, deraileurs often get mangled and, with high end stuff like that, it gets cripplingly expensive to replace.

There's nothing wrong with the STP frames, I rode one for like 18 months, other than the vertical dropouts. If you're going to be running SS, horizontal dropouts'll make life a whole lot easier for you.