Post Your XC Machine

scbullit

Likes Dirt
Just built this up for +1... 2010 Zaskar carbon - xtr, fox, stans wheels, schwalbe tyres, crank bros bars + post - 9.3kg. Oh yeah 650b!

gt 650b 2.JPGgt 650b 1.JPG

Last edited:

krizbike

Likes Dirt
Love that Cube - crazy bling look to it. My gf just said "looks like a road bike". I think that's a compliment.

Yeah, that GT has pretty limited clearance with 650b wheels! I'd be worried about a rock or stick jamming and making a horrid mess of your day. Super light though - lovely. :)

Chris

Geoff Gump

Likes Dirt
I built this stealth puppy up as a project, took my time sourcing quality bits on the cheap. Super stoked with the wheels, crest rims on superstar hubs, with DT rev spokes. Built up nicely with very little wind-up, STRONGSTIFFLIGHT. It is a giant anthem 0 2008 frame. I painted the frame satin black and the forks gloss black (originally red).

P1020824.jpg

P1020823.jpg

disturbed1

Likes Bikes
Loving the gt above....

Heres my bike I recently put together for mainly getting to and from work (64 km round trip) in half the time it would take me on my other bike (scott gambler)

Im still waiting on a couple of bits and pieces to complete it such as a stem and after only a handful of rides, a few little upgrade parts which i think will make the ride that little bit easier/quicker)

bike is now sporting Scwable furious freds and weighs 9.0 kilos flat however should drop another 200g when the rest of the updates rock up and i cut down the brake lines.

Bushranger

Likes Dirt
Loving the gt above....

Heres my bike I recently put together for mainly getting to and from work (64 km round trip) in half the time it would take me on my other bike (scott gambler)

Im still waiting on a couple of bits and pieces to complete it such as a stem and after only a handful of rides, a few little upgrade parts which i think will make the ride that little bit easier/quicker)

bike is now sporting Scwable furious freds and weighs 9.0 kilos flat however should drop another 200g when the rest of the updates rock up and i cut down the brake lines.
Holy brake lever reach batman - do you use remote control stick insects to reach those things!

the look like Formula R*'s. Is the reach adjustable? I'm looking at them on my new bike, but have ewok length fingers so need something I can bring in close.

disturbed1

Likes Bikes
Holy brake lever reach batman - do you use remote control stick insects to reach those things!

the look like Formula R*'s. Is the reach adjustable? I'm looking at them on my new bike, but have ewok length fingers so need something I can bring in close.
haha, nah they are formula the ones (DH brakes). Could have saved myself 50 grams per end by getting R1's and another 50 by having a 160mm front rotors but decided to go alittle over kill to increase selling potential if i ever sell...

they are the special edition version so are reach adjustable. I think in the pics above i hadnt quiet set them up however it might just be the pic makign them look like they would be hard to reach. I only recently bought Hope Tech V2 for my DH bikes and these formula brakes have impressed me alot with their stoppign power!

Cam070695

Likes Dirt
Trek Superfly 100

Thought id chuck one of these babies up, my new baby, Superfly 100 AL Pro
Full XT
Packed with Trek and GF engineering wonders, it rides amazing, better than any 26" ive ever riden! If you have the opportunity get in to a trek dealer and test ride one of these bad boys!
31543_10200154795738503_1679766073_n-2.jpg

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First XX1 Groupset in Australia

Hey guys,

Here is my new ride, upgraded from XX to XX1. This is the first XX1 groupset in Australia, aside from the demo/prototype sets that have been around for a few weeks.
New gripshift is excellent, chain NEVER drops and there is no noise/chainslap whatsoever!
36t is on its way, currently have 32t which is too low, but will be ok for hilly races.

Giant Anthem X Alloy 26"
Sid XX
Notubes Alpine on Dt Swiss 240s
Sram XX1
Weight 9.7kg (No Pedals)

Love It!

547414_512332308798929_357429718_n.jpg

479749_512332312132262_843426642_n.jpg

560820_512332365465590_1644437527_n.jpg

537648_512332372132256_303167093_n.jpg

ChopSticks

Banned
Was super keen on the xx1 until I found the free body hub need to be replaced just to run the xx1 cassette :(

I hope companies start making aftermarket parts to drive prices down! Would love to run a 11 speed front chainring on an xtr crank

softek

Likes Dirt
Hey guys,

Here is my new ride, upgraded from XX to XX1. This is the first XX1 groupset in Australia, aside from the demo/prototype sets that have been around for a few weeks.
New gripshift is excellent, chain NEVER drops and there is no noise/chainslap whatsoever!
36t is on its way, currently have 32t which is too low, but will be ok for hilly races.

Giant Anthem X Alloy 26"
Sid XX
Notubes Alpine on Dt Swiss 240s
Sram XX1
Weight 9.7kg (No Pedals)

Love It!

Josh, hows it compared to the XX mate? cause shifting on the xx is quite sweet, also, that chain looks like a 10 spd kmc sl chaining, is that what it is?