ringburner

Likes Bikes
Changes

View attachment 268958

real full XT spec

Changed : Brake- XT 2012

Wheel : Shimano 29er complete

Pedal : my 6years old Time but new XTR is coming soon

I have same bike but newer model - i also went for XT brakes, brilliant move hey! Couple of questions if you will:
1. looks like you have put the stem into an aggressive position and maybe shortened it - what difference has it made (except the obvious i suppose). I am thinking of a shorter stem - should I?
2. XT wheelset, again difference? Did it chop much weight off, and how do they handle compared to Giant wheelset (which I find is bombproof, but maybe a little bit heavy, ok they have a massive waistline...).

Thanks.

Burner.

DirtyDingo

Banned
Yeti ASR carbon

My leftyfied yeti asr

Carbon lefty drk 110mm
Xt dual shift control with braided jagwire hoses in gold
XTR crankset, cassette, chain, front derailleur, xt rear derailleur
Crank brothers cobalt
Carbon Easton monkey bars, carbon stem

Attachments

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Wow, that is fantastic - but don't you ride it with pedals???

So why do people quote weight without pedals? (or is that just me who wonders why the fark people do this?).
Nope not just you, a bit like quoting the curb weight of a car without the pistons.

mitchy_

Llama calmer

So why do people quote weight without pedals? (or is that just me who wonders why the fark people do this?).
most manufacturers quote the weight as supplied (why would they want to make their product look heavier?) which is generally sans pedals.

Nope not just you, a bit like quoting the curb weight of a car without the pistons.
what about fluids? i bet most cars are quoted "dry"

DirtyDingo

Banned

Hi mate,

It's true, but you want to know the weight of he bike than add the pedals, I ride
flat pedals and they weight more than my clip pedals.

They're so many different pedals and some weight more than others.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I can understand quoting the as supplied weight, for a bike being sold sans pegs, but in a post yer ride thread quote it as ridden. Curb weight is with all additives, ready to drive, or as it sits at the curb. Tare weight is mass of vehicle, sans oil, coolant, fuel or any other fluids, lubricants.

DirtyDingo

Banned
Aren't they nuke proof electrons? You're right, they're not 340 grams... They're 338.

My clip pedals weight that much not the nukeproof, they're much more, not sure have to put them on a scale.
I looked online bout the clip pedals, I'm lazy to weight them, but doesn't make a big difference anyway.