Post Your XC Machine

røhvul

Likes Dirt
Steel is reel

New baby all grown up now, thanks to Mr Pants and Gronk!!
'97 Diamond back Toponga
RS Duke SL
Bit of M900 XTR
Bit of M739 XT
Cane creek S3 headset
Mavic 221 rims
Tuna can map holder, custom made for the Teva adventure race champs(patent pending)

Attachments

Last edited:

røhvul

Likes Dirt
Yeah I was looking for some, but the RS came up and I couldn't say no. Marz's would've been 1.5-2x the price.. still not alot but hey..rides well!

rideabike

Likes Bikes
New baby all grown up now, thanks to Mr Pants and Gronk!!
'97 Diamond back Toponga
RS Duke SL
Bit of M900 XTR
Bit of M739 XT
Cane creek S3 headset
Mavic 221 rims
Tuna can map holder, custom made for the Teva adventure race champs(patent pending)
Total cost to me- $300:D
Nice bike there mate.

Love the old Topanga's, still have a 95 model frame in the shed. My first real MTB :eek:

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
finally got it done. comes in at 10.36kg.
while the anthem was lovely, the yeti is just better, so easy to ride, so easy to find that balance point.
once again sorry for the crappy phone pic.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice weight. What's the frame weight? Surely you weighed it bare before you built it...
of course...2335 grams including derailleur hanger and bidon bolts. that's for the full aluminium rear end, carbon one saves a couple of hundred grams, and the new full carbon asr is just silly light.

Bodin

GMBC
of course...2335 grams including derailleur hanger and bidon bolts. that's for the full aluminium rear end, carbon one saves a couple of hundred grams, and the new full carbon asr is just silly light.
Nice - anything that's 300gr lighter than my Stumpy is a winner. Especially when the upgraded stays can get it close to the magic 2kg mark.

Yeah, I saw the new integrated seatmast version in a mag the other day. If you chucked some profile wingbars and skinny tyres on it, it'd look like a 650C dual-suspension TT bike...

ducan

Likes Dirt
IMO wedge off the yeti badge to save a few grams !! :rolleyes:

Fkckuing hot frame though !

Last edited:

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
2007 Ellsworth Truth

It's about a year old. I finally got around to taking some photos over Christmas at the parent's farm. Specs and photos follow:

2007 Ellsworth Truth - small
07 Fox F100 RLC fork
RaceFace Deus XC Cranks
Crank Brothers Eggbeater Ti pedals
Easton EA70 seatpost
Fizik Gobi saddle
Hope headset and stem
Easton Monkeylite SL carbon handlebar
Avid Juicy Carbon brakes
Lock On Grips
SRAM X0 twist shifters
SRAM X9 rear mech
SRAM X-Gen front Mech
Mavic Crossmax SLR Disc wheelset
Hope 2-piece rotors
Maxxis Crossmark tyres (non-UST, running them with Stans sealant and no tubes)
Velocity bottle cage

It's a few grams under 11kg.

Bodin

GMBC
It's about a year old. I finally got around to taking some photos over Christmas at the parent's farm.
Aside from personal preference, that's pretty close to the holy grail of the un-upgradeable bike.

Are you planning on upgrading the derailleurs to X0 when the X0 front mech is released? That would pretty much top it off...

tmarsh

Likes Dirt
Are you planning on upgrading the derailleurs to X0 when the X0 front mech is released? That would pretty much top it off...
Dunno. I think I'd have to break a component before I upgraded it at this stage. The rear mech was one area where I felt that the price hike between X9 and X0 was out of proportion to the performance/weight gain. If cost were truly no object, then I'd be running Juicy Ultimates, an XC90 seatpost and X0 mechs. But commonsense had to come into it somewhere.

Given that my wife and I have just bought a house and have a baby on the way, I reckon I might have to eke a few years out of this one before I can afford to splurge again!