Post Your XC Machine

Gripo

Eats Squid
BUT......when you say you can still keep up with your mate with platform pedals "IN THE ROUGH, TECH STUFF".....think how much better it would feel to be WAYYYY in front of him. lol:D
You can't have everything FR........but you can try....

oooohhhh! Are those 'JetBlack' rotors?

Yes they are....and no they don't melt at the first brake app or wear your brake pads in the first ride.....

Used them for a while now, no problems for me in the several months of use.

Milo79

Squid
Attached is my beast - weight is 10.38kg (inc pedals, speedo etc)
Groupset is
X-0 Triggers and rear dr
XTR front dr
Raceface dues XC cranks, next carbon flat handlebars
Ritchey WCS alloy seatpost and 70mm WCS wet stem
Juicy 7 brakes
DT 240s hubs laced to Mavic XC717 rims
San Marco Caymano Saddle
Goodridge cabling
King headset
Sid Team forks
Crossmark Exception Tyres
Hope rotors and seatpost clamp

Now i just need some time to ride it!!! ;);)

Attachments

gixer7

Likes Dirt
Milo,

That's an, err, interesting setup you have there. Do you ride with that seat tilt?

But looks the business apart from that. I would have thought with the kit you have on it you would get below 10kg wet weight. Have you weighed the bare frame at all - maybe its heavier than I expected?

Milo79

Squid
Hehe - nah i don't ride with that tilt. Its a problem with that seatpost - it keeps slipping forward - you have to get it really tight. I have straightened the seat since the photo!! Something to be said for the Thomson posts!!

Yeah i weighed the frame when i got it, and it was only about 10g heavier than posted on the website - my frame weight 1.6kg . 3.52lb I'm running PD 520 pedals, but they're just the old XT pedals (same weight). The weight is correct as per the Topeak scale/work-frame - Friend has a scale 15 (07 or 08 model) and with pedals that comes in at 9.95kg or there abouts. I suppose most sites advertise their weights of bikes without pedals - or some people are just dreaming!!!

Attachments

Slowman

Likes Dirt
Here's my stumpy with some new gold bling wheels. I used longer BMX nipples just to add more gold bling for exhibition! You can't see it but the rotors are gold coated (ti nitrate) as well.

KALBO

Likes Bikes
....oooooooooohhhhhhh^^^^^^^^^^^ my stumpy salutes your stumpy!:) How much does it really weigh??? Carbon frame right????

Slowman

Likes Dirt
....oooooooooohhhhhhh^^^^^^^^^^^ my stumpy salutes your stumpy!:) How much does it really weigh??? Carbon frame right????
Yeah S-Works Fact 10m carbon is what they call it, total weight I am not sure but I have an Epic around 11kg so I reckon this is probably around 12kg or just under. I could lighten it but I don't want to, I built it to take a bit of punishment.

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Hehe - nah i don't ride with that tilt. Its a problem with that seatpost - it keeps slipping forward - you have to get it really tight. I have straightened the seat since the photo!! Something to be said for the Thomson posts!!

Yeah i weighed the frame when i got it, and it was only about 10g heavier than posted on the website - my frame weight 1.6kg . 3.52lb I'm running PD 520 pedals, but they're just the old XT pedals (same weight). The weight is correct as per the Topeak scale/work-frame - Friend has a scale 15 (07 or 08 model) and with pedals that comes in at 9.95kg or there abouts. I suppose most sites advertise their weights of bikes without pedals - or some people are just dreaming!!!
OMG Miles!!
The new sids look so amazing!! How much did you get them for??
Am i going to be seeing you at the yowie??
See you soon
:cool:

FierceRider

Likes Dirt
Trek fuel 80

hey guys heres my ride. i love it. its a 2003 Trek Fuel 80 ZR9000 basically the only stock component on it is the frame. :D

Specs:
Fork - Manitou R7, 100mm
Rear Shock - Fox Float RP23
Head set - Pro
Brakes - Juicy 5 and hayes HFX 9 (soon to upgrade to Avid elixir CR)
Wheel Set - Stans ZTR rims laced with Wheelsmith spokes and on a beautiful XTR hub
Tyres - Crossmark 2.1 FRONT, Hutchinson Python 2.0 REAR
Cranks - Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur - SRAM XO
Front Derailleur - Shimano XT
Chain - XTR
Shifters - X9
Bar - Ritchy WCS carbon
Stem - Element Technic Neon-Q Stem
Grips - ESI
Pedals - Crank Brothers Candy
Seatpost - Control Tech - (not too sure which model)
Saddle - FIZIK Gobi

Attachments

chops007

Likes Dirt
Oh fook u can't please anyone nowadays?

Nah dude, the cables are nowhere near messy, all purrfect length.

Now the cranks?

SLX's here with a 2x are actually lighter than a XTR triple, now read this.....

SLX's when stripped bare of chainrings/bolts etc are actually 5g lighter than M760 XT's in the same condition.

Believe me I've done my research and to go XTR in the same 2x chainring spec as you see here is like 40g less for an additional $500.

Send me the $500 and I'll appease your XTR snobbery.......all written in jest of course.
fairenough you have done your research and very interesting..(ive never had xtr cranks so i dont know wat the hype is about)
i use to ride an 07 santa cruz blur.. so so sweet :)
hows it been going for ya??

Giant trance x3 2009

frame ALUXX SL FluidFormed™ alloy Maestro 5.0"/125mm travel
fork Fox 32 F120 R, w/15QR, 4.7"/120mm
rear shock Fox Float R w/ProPedal
rear derailleur Shimano SLX shadow high normal 9 speed
front derailleur Shimano Deore 34.9
shifters Shimano Deore rapid fire 27 speed
crankset Shimano Deore Class Hollowtech II 22x32x44
bottom bracket Shimano Deore Class integrated, outboard
shift/chain guide NA
chain Shimano HG73 9 speed