Posting a wheel is exxy

quannum

Likes Dirt
My kid has someone wanting to buy an old wheel of ours via FBM.

It's going from Sydney to Bathurst, and we measured up a legit wheel box / weight and Sendle quoted us $60 - which kinda kills the deal.

Any tips on posting a wheel for a more reasonable cost? Do I skip the wheel box and risk damage, or is there another (cheaper) carrier?

For reference, it's an older Novatech hub on an unexciting rim - so not a super expensive wheel.

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
When I sent some 26″ wheels from WA to QLD I just wrapped them in in foam and bubble-wrap and then wrapped that in plastic and taped down the corners. Ended up as a sort of hexagonal bag so they weren't able to cube it at the post office. Ended up being $19 with AusPost for two wheels packed together.

teK--

Eats Squid
When I sent some 26″ wheels from WA to QLD I just wrapped them in in foam and bubble-wrap and then wrapped that in plastic and taped down the corners. Ended up as a sort of hexagonal bag so they weren't able to cube it at the post office. Ended up being $19 with AusPost for two wheels packed together.
And this is exactly why Auspost are losing money lol

safreek

Exactly, bubble wrap and duct tape, that's what I post all big things with. With frames the bubble wrap costs around 5 bucks and factor in a whole roll of tape