Powder Coating

wdshiver

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys.... I'm hopefully getting my frame and forks powder coated and i kow what colour I'm painting the forks just not the frame. Here is the colour of the forks just wondering what colour i should spray the frame or if ya have different ideas please share.

WDSHIVER

Attachments

Drew.

Eats Squid
wdshiver said:
Hey Guys.... I'm hopefully getting my frame and forks powder coated and i kow what colour I'm painting the forks just not the frame. Here is the colour of the forks just wondering what colour i should spray the frame or if ya have different ideas please share.

WDSHIVER
Black. For sure.

Faded

Likes Bikes
woot awesome forks... black, everything that is kewl goes with black especially pink:cool:

wdshiver

Likes Dirt
I don't know if it is possible to powder coat forks because that the painted object has to go through heat treatment and i was wondering whether the forks would be damaged in the heat proccess.

alexb618

Likes Dirt
it doesnt go through heat treatment in the normal sense of the word, when the powder is sprayed on it gets baked to seal it all up (easiest way to explain it) but not hot enough to alter the metallurgic properties of your fork!

floody

Wheel size expert
Make sure you get a good practitioner to work on your forks and frame- be wary of the fact that for many blocking off the BB etc just entails literally jamming a bit of split steel tube in on top of the threads/filling the surfaces, things get burred up and some of the blasting medium used in the prep can get in... You'll probably want to chase your BB threads and face your BB shell and headtube, plus brake mounts, afterwards.

wdshiver

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the comments guys! i think the black would look good! is anyone good with Photoshop to make the frame black and the forks pink?? would help me make my final descision because you never know what it might look like until you actually see something tangable (well atleast visible)

JohnnyB.89

Likes Bikes
or u could print them on special paper off ur comp then clear coat over the top or u could find a sign writer and get them to make you some

Dougy

Likes Dirt
What's up with the bloody pink?!? It's not original anymore. Darren Berecloth painted his BigHit pink back in 03/04, that's nearly 3 years ago. Don't you all think it's time for something new?

moman

Likes Dirt
if you can't do the forks...

i'd do the frame a nice dusty blue colour. with the rest of your black components it would look sharp.