Power Balance Bands

stunt man

Likes Bikes
Power Balance Bands, a new craze that has hit the streets. Everyone knows someone that has one or has seen some one that is wearing one. But what do you think of the $60 bracelet that has some magical hologram that tunes in better frequencies into your body. I personally think that the product is a crock of shit and it was an easy way to make money, when you pay a bit of money to top athletes to wear and encourage others to buy. Yes I have tried one before, a friend has one and I tell him he is a tool every time he wears it. But what do you think? Do you have one yourself?

Arete

Likes Dirt
Power Balance Bands, a new craze that has hit the streets. Everyone knows someone that has one or has seen some one that is wearing one. But what do you think of the $60 bracelet that has some magical hologram that tunes in better frequencies into your body. I personally think that the product is a crock of shit and it was an easy way to make money, when you pay a bit of money to top athletes to wear and encourage others to buy. Yes I have tried one before, a friend has one and I tell him he is a tool every time he wears it. But what do you think? Do you have one yourself?
I have some homeopathic remedies, healing magnets and energy crystals your friend might be interested in purchasing.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ah was about to start a thread on this, my boss recently discovered them and thinks they are great, has the whole team wearing them except me because i fail to see how they work, and... i noticed no improvment in my balance at all.

so i figured that the only advantage they gave was all in the mind.

however we did the test on my brother (who IS more sceptical then me) and the difference was incredible, he still wont use them but it deffinantly did something, so now i'm wondering who else has actualy TRIED them and what they thought of them?

if the way they say they work is true then its possable they did nothing for me because my bodies electrical field is already balanced?

got me wondering caus people are buying them like hot cakes

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Shit yall,

da Pig knows y'all like the flim flam shim sham (seeing as y'all is discussing these powerbandbracelets), so spanky's now marketing his own PowerBaconBracelet.

That's right, the PowerBaconBracelet will align your wallets contents with spanky's allowing a magical transfer of power (from your wallet to the pigs wallet!)....

the PowerBaconBracelet is able to improve your level or Porcineness by atleast 55%.... this was worn by Kermit the Frog when he performed with Leo Sayer, and apparently Perez Hilton has a picture of the pig getting out of a car without any underwear on..... but he was wearing his PowerBaconBracelet over the bacon bits that count....

The PowerBaconBracelet is based on Baconology, which is, as you already know, more popular that mormon special underpants and Tom Cruise put together.... there is also a slightly more expensive Prosciutto version, that also has the european design that everyone this year will want.... and has been seen on all the most famous European catwalks this season already, some are calling it the new Black(on).

So, for only 6 monthly deposits of 95.47 Vietnamese Dong or the equivelant in North Korean hair prodcuts, your daughter, and keys to your liquor cabinet..... you too can have a SpankyHam TM PowerBaconBracelet.... currently spanky's PowerBaconBracelet is being worn by many top level elite sports stars such as Mountain bikings Spanky Ham, sponsored by Spankys PowerBaconBracelet... here's a testimonial

"Tastes like bacon, smells like bacon.... and it just helps me cycle better... you all should try one" Spanky Ham. Star, Psycopath, CEO and Managing Director of Spanky's Baconology PowerBaconBracelet Inc. pty ltd...

So, give spanky your dong now!!!!

S

Last edited:

Plow King

Little bit.
It's a platypus smoking a cigarette whilst wearing a hat whilst a octopus smokes a different brand of cigarette in the background. Power Balance bands are almost as useful as the latler.

Attachments

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a platypus smoking a cigarette whilst wearing a hat whilst a octopus smokes a different brand of cigarette in the background. Power Balance bands are almost as useful as the latler.
but... have you done the test?

meh

smeck

Likes Dirt
"Tastes like bacon, smells like bacon.... and it just helps me cycle better... you all should try one" Spanky Ham. Star, Psycopath, CEO and Managing Director of Spanky's Baconology PowerBaconBracelet Inc. pty ltd...

So, give spanky your dong now!!!!

S
Welcome back Spanky. It's taken the bogans to draw you out of the meat sock but it's great to hear from you again.

It's hard to believe people buy that crap, I wonder if it's linked to sales of VB or Hilux 4x4s ;).

Riedy

Likes Dirt
I heard something about these, Chad Reed you know the moto racer well he wears 4, 2 on each arm.
But i am also secptial about if they work or not:confused:

DNF

Likes Dirt
major sceptic.
tried a mates for the flexibility test. convinced.
not sure what I'm convinced in, maybe the 'placebo effect' but if its going to make me go how ever much faster on the bike then sold.

I know a lot of you out there spend a ridiculous amount more just to save a couple grams (as do I) to achieve that same result at the end of the day, slim those race times down.

I'd probably buy one, but I'm getting mine for free, so yeah, I'll wear it knowing that its giving me some sort of advantage, be it mental or physical, and if that makes me that little bit faster then I'll see you, the raging sceptics, 0.05 of a second below me on the results list.

Last edited:

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
major sceptic.
not sure what I'm convinced in, maybe the 'placebo effect' but if its going to make me go how ever much faster on the bike then sold.

I know a lot of you out there spend a ridiculous amount more just to save a couple grams (as do I) to achieve that same result at the end of the day, slim those race times down.

I'd probably buy one, but I'm getting mine for free, so yeah, I'll wear it knowing that its giving me some sort of advantage, be it mental or physical, and if that makes me that little bit faster then I'll see you, the raging sceptics, 0.05 of a second below me on the results list.
The difference is that by spending on lighter parts, there is tangible weight difference. While most riders would be better saving the $200 and spending the work time on a bike, at top levels there is a tangible benefit of some type. Wearing a rubber band for at best placebo effect and at worst witchcraft has no tangible benefit.

I have scientific evidence that colouring your hair red makes you go faster. So save $57 and buy a bottle of red hair dye to fullfill the same placebo effect.

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
major sceptic.

If you stick the bracelet in your ass you will absorb the hologram paste much faster than just wearing it on your wrist where it has to compete with thicker skin and sweat. A suppository works in much the same way. It will easily make your total time 0.45 seconds faster than someone who's being a pussy and wearing it on their wrist. And like you said its free, so is putting stuff up your butt. What are you waiting for? do you wan't that 0.4 seconds or not? Trust me it works, my mates all do it, and its taken lots of time off/ added points / and pushed them further than they would have wearing it on their wrists.

[video=youtube;hlhvgG8lRhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlhvgG8lRhk&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

DNF

Likes Dirt
The difference is that by spending on lighter parts, there is tangible weight difference. While most riders would be better saving the $200 and spending the work time on a bike, at top levels there is a tangible benefit of some type. Wearing a rubber band for at best placebo effect and at worst witchcraft has no tangible benefit.

I have scientific evidence that colouring your hair red makes you go faster. So save $57 and buy a bottle of red hair dye to fullfill the same placebo effect.
I agree, there may not be any tangible benefit gained, but I hope your able to understand the amount the placebo effect can have (if that's all it is). if your feeling confident on your bike because you have red hair (that personally wouldn't help my confidence) or if your wearing a rubber band around your wrist you've been led to believe makes you physically stronger, faster and more flexible, then chances are your going to be riding more confidently and faster. As I'm sure you know, downhill is a massive mental game, so if this is what helps some with their state of mind and improves their confidence and speed I feel the purchases is warranted.
I'm not going to argue for or against the powerbands actually physical capabilities, but it seems to do something for me.

Arete

Likes Dirt
If you stick the bracelet in your ass you will absorb the hologram paste much faster than just wearing it on your wrist where it has to compete with thicker skin and sweat. A suppository works in much the same way. It will easily make your total time 0.45 seconds faster than someone who's being a pussy and wearing it on their wrist. And like you said its free, so is putting stuff up your butt. What are you waiting for? do you wan't that 0.4 seconds or not? Trust me it works, my mates all do it, and its taken lots of time off/ added points / and pushed them further than they would have wearing it on their wrists.
I hear using a pineapple instead of a weak ass rubber band for your suppository makes you go 0.8 seconds faster. It's only a matter of time before TLD releases elite kit that accommodates racing with a pineapple up your ass and all the pros are using it.

DNF

Likes Dirt
that video basically summed up what i'm trying to get across.

i don't really care where you guys put them, up your arse or what you do with your pineapples, that's your business. I don't think that will work for me, and i'm not saying this 'placebo' will work for you.
take it or leave it, its your money, it's your fruit, its your dr. bill.