Predicament; Bell Super 2R

slowmick

38-39"
if you are super keen to get one they have them on the floor at Specialized shop in Bayswater (Cyclelink?) - not sure about pricing.

Maybe you could just ride Lysterfield in two stages. Do a day of general riding in your xc helmet and then just session Aneurysm non stop on another day with the full face on...

Me i have a Bell Super and manage to crash on all the straight low speed bits of Lysterfield - seem to be fine on the features though (touch wood) so i would need to do the opposite to the above.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Urgh! So mtb direct are taking pre-orders for the next shipment of 2R's. Which are due in late September!

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a long wait.
Bugger me, that's fricken useless from an importer perspective.
I think you'll find their supplier ie. Bell Helmets are low on stock.

do Pushy's have any in stock?
Pushy' are also taking pre-orders with delivery late July I believe.

I now need a new one after knocking myself out at the YYMTB Enduro a few weeks back. Cracked it in two places. Less than 3 months old. Did its job well. I'll be buying another once they're back in stock.

ekwok

Likes Bikes
Been using my MIPS 2R for a few months now and love it. Best helmet i've had.
Did you try the helmet without MIPS? If you did is there a difference in fit? Currently have a Bell super that fits great and am thinking about getting one of these.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Did you try the helmet without MIPS? If you did is there a difference in fit? Currently have a Bell super that fits great and am thinking about getting one of these.
My Super is non MIPS and my Super 2R was MIPS fitted and I noticed no difference in fit or comfort. MIPS is a very simple but effective solution I reckon.

My Super is non MIPS and my Super 2R was MIPS fitted and I noticed no difference in fit or comfort. MIPS is a very simple but effective solution I reckon.
I tried both the MIPS and normal one. It felt like tge MIPS one felt like it sat marginally higher. I went with the normal. Had for a few months now and love it.

poita

Likes Dirt
Sorry to slightly detail the thread Jester, but Markee just checking you were wearing a MIPS Super 2r when you crashed? Where did it break? Certainly sounds like it did a good job protecting you. Tossing up between MIPS or not and chin bar or not and interested to hear what happened "in use" so to speak.

grumpy

Squid
smashed my head on a rock face first at the you yangs last sat, knocked myself out 6 stiches in my face no broken teeth luckily. was wearing a fox flux it was wrecked. my super 2r is due for delivery today.

Markee

Likes Dirt
Sorry to slightly detail the thread Jester, but Markee just checking you were wearing a MIPS Super 2r when you crashed? Where did it break? Certainly sounds like it did a good job protecting you. Tossing up between MIPS or not and chin bar or not and interested to hear what happened "in use" so to speak.
Yes mine was a MIPS Fitted Super2r. It broke in two spots at the point where my head hit the ground.
I found the MIPS probably did its job well but I have no way of measuring it.
Get a MIPS version and once you see it installed you'll see how simple the idea is and understand the way it works.
I ended up buying one from Johnny Sprockets in Towoomba thru their eBay store for $265 delivered, which was cheaper than the first one.
Having the option of two helmets in one is a massive plus and I've also got a Super, that I bought to start riding, that's setup with a light mount for night riding.

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Super 2

Had mine over two months and really happy.
Will look into chin piece just for peace of mind, don't jump or downhill but love the rocky technical roll offs.
Losing teeth is a very expensive outcome

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
IT'S ARRIVED!

First impressions:
- It's very light compared to my THH F/Face helmet. It even feels like compared to my road/XC helment I've been using while waiting for this.
- The clamping system for the chin-guard has that 'I'm going to break it' feel and sound to it
- I wear a M F/Face helmet and the Bell is quite tight. There are two spots it pokes me in the head but they are a hard foam pad so will mold to my noggin'.
- The visor has a fair bit of movement so goggles sit nicely under it when not needed
- I like the gopro mount. Feels very secure
- The chin-bar feels like something I would trust as much as my normal F/F.
- The mips system is ingenius. On the website I didn't quite get how it would actually be implemented but it's great. Simple and I can see how it would be effective

Goggles fit nicely here:

Very nice fit on the face:

Full enduro

I will share my thoughts of how it feels on the trail this weekend, yes I will be full enduro so haters goin' hate.

Thanks pushy's for getting this puppy to me for a great price and in perfect timing for the Cressy Ride day next month!

stirk

Burner
Masterful selfies jesterarts, with the mirror background, camo would be proud. Nice looking helmet too!

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Just got mine yesterday as well from Mountain Bikes Direct (needed a new helmet after a crash crammed my face into the ground & ruined the old one). So far, first impressions are good.

I agree with you on the sound for the clasps; they make a disconcerting creaking noise, but they do seem quite secure. I suspect as I get more used to the way they function and they get used a bit more, that'll improve somewhat.

Comfort & weight wise, couldn't be happier. It's a great fit on my head and with the chin bar on feels quite comfortable & still airy, as the vent ports over the head direct a nice breeze onto your face while riding.

More riding over the coming weeks, so we'll see how it goes.

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Masterful selfies jesterarts, with the mirror background, camo would be proud. Nice looking helmet too!
Yeah, I was going to ask the wife to just take the pictures... but she already thinks I'm a dag so I don't want to push her to the threshold of realising she's too good for me. :p