PRICE CHECK 2012 Giant Anthem X3

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
hey guys,

Im looking at buying an entry level XC bike and have found a 2012 giant anthem x3 ( https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-au/bikes/model/anthem.x3/9711/50964/ ). It's completely stock, has been serviced regularly and looks like its been looked after pretty well. What do you reckon would be a decent offer to make?

cheers
As long as the frame isn't snapped, the drive train isn't worn to buggery, and bearings are all good, its not worth more than $600/$700 max.
Giant's don't hold value well, its an obsolete wheel size :)violin:) and serious XC peeps be looking for higher spec components so its a hard sell.

Just my opinion tho.... others may say more or less.

As long as the frame isn't snapped, the drive train isn't worn to buggery, and bearings are all good, its not worth more than $600/$700 max.
Giant's don't hold value well, its an obsolete wheel size :)violin:) and serious XC peeps be looking for higher spec components so its a hard sell.

oh really? hmm. thanks for your advice mate!

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I'd have to agree

teK--

Eats Squid

Agree 700 tops if in reasonable condition. Otherwise u end up having to spend 300-500 to get it to rideable condition. Pivot bearings, forks, shock, bb and headset all require attention over time on these.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Under a grand unless they want to sit on it for a while hoping someone less knowledgable will come along and pay over market value.

thanks for the advice guys! it seemed to me (rookie buying my first XC bike) to be cheap, but after hearing all this its definitely not a great deal (he was asking $900)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
$900 isn't a crazy price, you could make an offer reasonably below that if it's in good condition

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
$900 isn't a crazy price, you could make an offer reasonably below that if it's in good condition
^^^^ this
Asking price is not always selling price. The seller isn't too far away when you take negotiation into it!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I sold a 2012 Anthem X2 a while back with a bunch of XT upgrades and new tyres that was in mint condition all round and got $1200 which I was happy with.

These days, I'd pay 6-700 tops for an absolute mint as new totally unmarked and ready to ride X3. If its well used but used well maybe its worth 4-500.

cracker

Likes Dirt
usually get around 1000-1200 ish on ebay.
iv got a 2011 anthem and i love it best bike iv ever owned.
dont seem to have any problem keeping up with 27.5" bikes or 29ers ?
perhaps its just a fitness thing not so much bike thing

As18258

Squid
giant anthem

if the bike is in decent condition i wouldn't pay more than 750 dollars it is a decent bike though.