• Bruce Dickinson - Iron Maiden

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Geoff Tate - Queensryche

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, so I'm old and a long long time fan of Judas Priest, in particular Rob Halford the Metal God.

Over the last few years I've been getting into Primal Fear primarily (ouch) due to Ralf Scheepers and his uncanny likeness to the Metal God himself.

Any other PF fans out there who were sucked in as a result of Ralf's incredible abilities?

PS I'm a Gamma Ray listener too - more for Kai's input. I love Ralf with PF.

This is soooo teen - but who do you prefer: Rob or Ralf. :cool:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Halford. Close run thing with Dickinson though.

Neither Halford or Dickinson are "Power Metal" singers though. They're NWOBHM* singers that are imitated by the new wave of Power Metal singers.

* New Wave OF British Heavy Metal

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Halford is the fucking king. You wish you were that cool. Also KK Downing, seriously the most stylish geet plyer ever.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Halford. Close run thing with Dickinson though.

Neither Halford or Dickinson are "Power Metal" singers though. They're NWOBHM* singers that are imitated by the new wave of Power Metal singers.

* New Wave OF British Heavy Metal
I know all about NWOBHM dude. I've prob been listening to JP waaay before most Farkin users were born!;)

I didn't mean to title the poll POWER metal - that was a slip of the Tooheys;)

See what happens when you're caned and you thread-up teehee.

Halford is King:D

Joy

Likes Dirt
I like Bruce more, but I think Halford has a better voice. Voted Bruce.

Ralf has a pretty killer voice, but I think he's kind of a dorky frontman. Primal Fear don't really cut it for me. They have a couple of good songs but the rest are very average.
I LOVE early Gamma Ray stuff with Ralf, especially the Heading for Tomorrow album. New Gamma Ray is pretty sweet, a lot heavier, but just doesn't have the same charm as the (same) band that brought out brilliant classics like "Freetime", "Money" and "The Silence".