Profile Wheelset

RampRider7

Likes Dirt
I wanna get a new wheelset for my bike and im going with profile. I was wondering is it worth it to get it off the profile website because they have ti axle, ti driver, hub shell, Stainlees steel spokes and nippels plus Sun rims for front and rear. On the website they have them for $600 each for all that and shipping is $70. Is it worth it to get it off the website or not get them at all?

chelsea_fan7

Likes Dirt
get them built from empirebmx.com
They have all the ti upradges for axles and drivers etc as well and they have a wide range of rims and spokes to get the wheels built with...

will...

Likes Bikes and Dirt
generally empire/dans will get you profile hubs with much better spokes and rims than profile will, and it probably will be cheaper.

philfbm

Likes Dirt
yeah definantly empire but whatever you do do not get a ti driver, its bone death, it's 56k bone death.

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah definantly empire but whatever you do do not get a ti driver, its bone death, it's 56k bone death.
Says phil who just hours earlier was telling me ti drive was the way to go...
Buy in aus so when they break (like profiles do:p), then you have someone to go back too.

philfbm

Likes Dirt
Says phil who just hours earlier was telling me ti drive was the way to go...
Buy in aus so when they break (like profiles do:p), then you have someone to go back too.
Yeah good point bowden.

You may not get warranty if you buy them from empire. With some of the things i have heard about the hubs you would probably want to be able to get warranty.
The thing is they are so god damn expensive you think you would get warranty no matter where you buy them from.