Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Cheers Breaka, I'm already on AE86DC, as a friend recommended me after he bought his there.

I've been having a look through there, theres a couple of cars that tickle my fancy, but most are way out of my price range. ):

On the topic, this is my mates hachi.

He's currently selling it and would give it to me cheaper than to someone else, but I don't have the cash which is a horrid shame. :(

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Great deals come up on DC so keep your eyes peeled and look everyday! I'll put some pictures of mine up soon, I gotta take some new ones of the 71 tomorrow, it's not quite finished yet though.

Here's my 86 it's the charcoal/grey one...

Last edited:

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Well we got our major engine issue sorted, and created a new one, but despite this Pork Hunt Racing picked up another trophy today with Stevo at the wheel.

Here's a sneak peek:
[video=youtube;EkgdAwG0UvI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkgdAwG0UvI[/video]

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Wasn't me mate, Stevo was driving. He claims he's never been into 4wding but I'm not so sure....
I meant you lot as in the Excels.

Here's my video of the exciting bits from the weekend. Good clean racing at the start, then some biffo at the end. Plenty of mistakes made by me, I need to neaten up. Wishbones are bloody expensive... And uprights are otherworldly.

[video=youtube;KL-wi0lPoQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL-wi0lPoQw[/video]

Hew

Likes Dirt
That looked like a full on couple of laps dude! A spin and a crash that could've turned verrry ugly.

You're a good driver but. :)

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
you drive quite conservatively for the most part. i would have been far more aggressive in the corners with the guy in the white one.

i assume you were paranoid about damaging the car?

top_dog

Likes Dirt
you drive quite conservatively for the most part. i would have been far more aggressive in the corners with the guy in the white one.

i assume you were paranoid about damaging the car?
Very conservative. The guy in the white one is my dad and both cars are his. A collision between us would not go down well.

Hew

Likes Dirt
Yeah I agree with how conservative you are, those apex's need hitting.

One can only imagine what would happen should you write off both your dads cars. :p

seventyseven

Very conservative. The guy in the white one is my dad and both cars are his. A collision between us would not go down well.
ah yes. bit like teammates hitting one another. big no-no.

i'm amazed how much bullshit dirt etc was in the middle of that kind of big chicane too. what gives there?

seventyseven

i too can't help but think that webber would be red bull's current star if vettel hadn't f**ked with him a bit earlier on. his results would have been better, so he would have gotten more focus from the team, so his results would have been better... & so on.

Hew

Likes Dirt

Red Bull.

Gives you wings.

I also agree with the comment about Mark, I can't but think he'd be doing much better had he not had such a bad start.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How do I tell whether my rotors are warped? I went driving tonight with the local Subie club, and after a few kilometres I could smell my brakes pretty easily + they felt very spongy. I was just associating this old pads + rotors, but after speaking to another one of the members he said that my rotors are probably warped. I can tell whether I need new pads easily enough by looking at them (I think, similiar to mtb/moto yeah?), but I'm not sure about judging the rest of my brake setup.

And if that is the case, would I get a noticeable difference out of (new or good condition 2nd hand) upgrading to slotted rotors (for the front only), over getting my stock ones machined? I've heard a few differing opinions, is there a general consensus that slotted actually show a benefit with the use of modern pads?
The car is used as a daily with harder driving once a fortnight, with intentions to drive 3 or 4 trackdays over the next 6-9 months. My budget wouldn't be much as I'm currently looking at ~$80 for a set of front pads, but I'm not going to be cheap if it means missing out on something vital.

Last edited: