A few months ago got the bogan chariot out, to find out it wouldn't change gears properly, basically undriveable. A bit of investigation revealed the kickdown cable had snapped off the throttle body. It still had a host of small niggly issues that I was putting off, these were what made me park it up back in 2008 and forget about it, hoping they would go away ha.
So went fuck it, time to bite the bullet and get it sorted once and for all.
After a few weeks the workshop sent me a list of everything they found. Most I knew about, and others they found the causes of issues that had stumped mechanics earlier, and the rest are general service items:
- AC service & re-gas (prob has a leak somewhere)
- AC drain tube repair (the water in the passenger footwell pissed me off for years and nobody could find the cause)
- Steering rack boot replacement
- Transmission service
- Repair tail light harness
- Replace upper strut top mounts
- Replace fuel tank breather hoses. These were fucked anyway, pretty common, and I said whilst the tank is out please send it away to get cleaned, as it was sitting for the best part of a decade.
- Replace leaking welch plugs, so might has well replace the starter motor as well since its gotta come out.
- Replace intake manifold and exhaust gaskets due to leaks.
Just had the diff rebuilt with a truetrac lsd centre and 3.9 gears to give it a bit of extra go off the line. Plans are for a 355 stroker later on so would like the drivetrain sorted first. Next step is getting the auto beefed up and a set of decent brakes.
So a bit of $$$$ spent, but should be good for the next 30 years haha.