Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt

Gimme Gimme Gimme, want so bad. Just some pr0n for the thread.

I always forget how mad your car is floody, top notch wheel fitment, super flush!

floody

Wheel size expert
Ha, cheers guys! Its really a pretty rough old girl up close.

Im looking at getting a R31 in the near future, Would you reccomend them?
Any big problems you have had?
Depends on the R31. My Aussie sedan and wagon were/are great, reliable and cheap, reasonable on fuel, easy to source parts for when needed, incredibly simple to wrench on.

My import coupe as seen in this thread is on its third motor in 4 years,has basically been mechanically rebuilt front to back and I'm juuuust getting on top of it. Parts are expensive, rare and nightmarish to source, its also horrible to work on. But it goes a lot harder and has been driven a lot harder than you could do with an Aussie one. Probably 60% my fault for buying a 'cheap' coupe rather than saving for longer, but they're old, complex and high performance cars; a combination that doesn't work well together.

"mm, R31 Skyline really is a man's car"
-Tsuchiya Keiichi

mmmm, DR30s... As much as I should have learnt a lesson from a comparatively cheap and easy to own HR31 GTS...Not to mention my mate's dad who was runner up at Bathurst in a factory one saying it was one of the worst handling, sketchiest to drive car's he'd wheeled... I would still love a late model intercooled DR30 RS-X. Silver two tone please!

(tasty 16/17" staggered SSR mesh!)

Powered by one of these: R31House FJ20ET with "R31House TO4E Pro-T" turbo and manifold.

"Its a Skyline, its terrific!"
-Paul Newman

Eventually I hope to own my 31 coupe, a DR30 RS-X, an MA70 Supra Turbo*, A FC RX7* and a Z32 Fairlady/300ZX twin turbo*. Then my 80s GT collection will be complete!
*All rolling on Autostrada Modena GTO rims or Panasport G7C5s...call it a fetish.

Wish I had ~$6.5k for one of the manifold/turbo kits from R31house for my RB20.

Last edited:

hubbie

Forever 1,337
$440 dollars later i have a new ignition barrel. broke on monday while i was parked at the shops and had to get it hotwired by NRMA.

I'm greatly enjoying reading HellaFlush

Hoping for some of these in 19" painted gloss black for my wagon

Last edited:

Ben003

Likes Bikes
i just found this thread - about 214 replies too late. there are some nice projects in here. well done to you guys who've put the time and money in.

for those of you modifying their street fighter bikes check this guy out - http://www.extremecreations.com.au/. he's one of my best mates and australia's best custom bike builder (in my opinion). he's had bikes on magazine covers and had articles written about him all over the world. he's also won several bike shows. if you're looking for 1 off custom stuff, he's your man. this is not a paid ad by the way, i just think he's very creative.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They say jealousy is a curse, that means I can hate on floody for having a decent 31 WITH blue mesiter's in pimp sizes and not feel too bad!

Juzzo man, I see your car is for sale on eight six DC, why?!

Just farted about with my car. Took stickers off the previous owner had put on, sanded back a tiny bit of rust and hit it with some primer/converter ready for sanding again tomorrow.

Last edited:

fairy1

Banned
The mini engine build is about to begin, 120tho overbore, 296deg duration, stroked 4mm, should get me around 130hp not much I know but when the car is sub 700kg and all the rotating weigh sweet FA it should go quite well.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Juzzo man, I see your car is for sale on eight six DC, why?!
Been out of work for 3months with a shoulder injury for 3months so the $$ would be good. Its on other sites and Ive had so much interest. Oh and turns out the police dont like it when you drive a turbo on your P-plates haha. I dont get my opens for another year and a half and its a fair bit of money just to be sitting there when I only drive it at the track once a month

xc_machine

Likes Dirt
My lh torrie. Should have paint on it next month. Will have a nice blown blue 202 in it soon after. It's getting lime green.
These are the only pictures i could find.

Big bit of rust cut out

[/IMG]

Might post pics of my hilux later

Last edited:

top_dog

Likes Dirt
The mini engine build is about to begin, 120tho overbore, 296deg duration, stroked 4mm, should get me around 130hp not much I know but when the car is sub 700kg and all the rotating weigh sweet FA it should go quite well.
Should be a rocket ship.

smiff123

Likes Dirt
Ok so here goes:

88 celica:

Fiat x/19:

Couldnt be botheres getting it out to take pics so here is a reference pic of what they look like:

Forester xt (this thing goes sooo well):

And moto bikes:
Bultaco alpina

bultaco sherpa

and a BSA blue star

The motos were too hard to get out but they are identical to the ones pictured.

Question: What mods should I get for the celica? I really want to get new rims but im not sure what would look good.
Cheers.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
On the celica I would foucus on suspension first then get some JDM looking 15x7's...

You have a nice collection :D

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah Sportsmax nice. Check out JDM Yard in Sydeny for those wheels. Im sure there are some celica forums or check out ToyMods forum.

Drew.

Eats Squid
Has anyone on here driven the new Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6? I've heard a bit about them, but curious too see if anyones been behind one?

smiff123

Likes Dirt
Yeah Sportsmax nice. Check out JDM Yard in Sydeny for those wheels. Im sure there are some celica forums or check out ToyMods forum.
Damn it im in tassie.
How much do they go for?

Has anyone on here driven the new Toyota Aurion Sportivo ZR6? I've heard a bit about them, but curious too see if anyones been behind one?
Haha good times saw one of these when I was out on Saturday night.
My mates dad was driving it. Only thing I can tell you is you cant easily light up an auto one. Surprisingly sounded nice enough but the memory is a little fuzzy.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Farted around again this arvo. Flushed the radiator, replaced coolant and rewired the radiator fan.

Drive this weekend, will get some pics etc.