Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Check for crash damage to the chassis and make sure the clutch and gearbox work well :p

does it have a 1.8 ca18 or a 2.0 sr20?
SR20. I'll see if there's a nearby ultratune or something that does inspections so they can get it up on a hoist and have poke around properly.

Also, I think she said she learnt to drive manual in it. Goodbye clutch :p hahah.

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr
N/A '91 S13 (Can't have turbo anyway, P plates), female owner so hopefully hasn't been trashed to shit. 17x,xxxkm.

Paint is definitely not salvageable, passenger side is cracking and there's a huge fade spot on the roof. Dash is also pretty cracked, thing must never have been parked in the shade for it's whole life. Has the digital speedo + HUD (display speed on window), which is pretty gimmicky but kinda cool haha.

$4,500. Reasonable enough?
why do you want an s13? do you just want a drift pig you can thrash?

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
....Could be because they're a cheap, reliable fun little car.
Mostly that. Everything else similar (from E30s to Corollas) seems a complete bitch maintenance wise, or far less power than the somewhat piddly ~110kw from the s13.

I think the problem is most other people have noticed this many years before me, so they're all hacked to bits. Maybe an ex-dealer automatic might be cheaper in the long run, after a trans. swap?

felts bend

Likes Bikes
That seems a tad steep for an s13 which sounds too be a tad neglected, i'd look at a non turbs r32 or r33 for not much more with similar kms as there a far better car and insurance would be pretty identical(ie both will be dear)

alexx23

Likes Dirt
While we are talking N/A s13.

I want a N/A s13 or s14 for a first car, the funny thing is that i live in tassie, where i can have a turbo one- but parents ehh.

Im having trouble finding one in reasonably condition and manual for around $7000, am i not looking hard enough?

felts bend

Likes Bikes
just explain to your parents there not a death machine like the media makes out, they are actually far less powerful than an aurion

alexx23

Likes Dirt
I know.. Maybe i will try that, but then im looking at inscurence at around $2500 a year. More in fuel too, more in tires too.. But i know that the benefits are worth it. Cause i get ta heCtIc voom chaaa. But reallyyy, I do have a passion for jap cars, i need one.

taquar

Likes Dirt
So, never posted in this thread but hoping you guys can give me a hand...

I currently found a small colony of ants living in my car, under the carpet. Sadly, to get to the little bastards, I have to rip up the carpet, and the soundproofing/insulation that is under it. And seeing as I don't want to go deaf from driving my car on the road, I need to replace it.

I was hoping if anyone knew of a good place to purchase said soundproofing/insulation, or would it be easier to get someone else to do it for me. It looks like a fairly straight forward thing to do, so I just need to know of somewhere I can buy it (cheaply I might add), and dos/don'ts of putting it in. OR, if someone knows about somewhere in Brisbane I can take it to be done for an OK price, that'd be great too.

CHEERS!

J

Edit: Found these guys, but I have no idea what the difference in the products is... http://www.knoxautocarpets.com.au/index.htm

Last edited:

felts bend

Likes Bikes
alexx 23 more in fuel deffinatly yes, tyres are always under the discretion of your right foot, and from my current history with cars i'v come to learn insurance for a 2 door sports coupe turbo or not is always going to be $2500+ to insure under 25.

taquar if you need to remove sound deadening use the drifters 2 best friends dry ice and a chisel

top_dog

Likes Dirt
Renault Sport Clio For Sale

Dear All,

After two and a half fun filled years its time to move the little Clio on. She's been a great car for me, very reliable and full of character. 2003 model with ESP, 4 airbags (safe for P-platers and their parents) and xenons (looks like a BMW at night for the poseurs). Insurance for me, being a 22 yo male is $837 pa.

Quicker than bug eye WRXs at QR sprints and has won the four cylinder class at Lakeside sprints.

$8,000 ono

Full details below:
Item: 2003 RENAULTsport Clio 172 with ESP
Item Condition: Good. Has three small dents, all from previous owner. Interior is great, I'm anal about it. Steering wheel is in good nick, the headlights are still beautifully clear.
Reason for selling: Something new and blue...
Price and price conditions: $8,000
Extra Info: No expense has been spared in maintaining this car, OEM parts used throughout. NO shortcuts. ~169,000 km on the car, 147,000 km on engine (entire engine was replaced under warranty at 22,000 km) Belts (Timing and Aux.) were done at 130,000 km. I know everyone says it but the kms are all highway, Caboolture to Brisbane northside. Its been serviced every 10,000 km with the best full synthetic, Mobil 1 0w-40.

Near new front pads, near new rear pads and rotors. Tyres are 1/3 worn Michelin Pilot Exalto PE2s (The best!)

Condenser and receiver dryer were replaced when I bought it. Air con is cold!

Modifications are minimal. A Devil cat-back exhaust and a B&M short shift kit. I have some lower springs here that come with the car if you want the lower look.

My fuel consumption almost always averages 6.7 L / 100 km.

Tom

Last edited:

alexx23

Likes Dirt
alexx 23 more in fuel deffinatly yes, tyres are always under the discretion of your right foot, and from my current history with cars i'v come to learn insurance for a 2 door sports coupe turbo or not is always going to be $2500+ to insure under 25.

taquar if you need to remove sound deadening use the drifters 2 best friends dry ice and a chisel
Im still at school, have a part time job so not earning heaps and i know i will drive lots cause i love it, with tyre wear im not talking about doing hectic burnouts, that shit is so VN commy, but i do love a sliding session here and there.

My best mate gets 250km to a tank with his sr20det, that being said, its 350rwkw. I just know i will hate the N/A power is i get one..

alexx23

Likes Dirt
Kinda wanted to keep in ca/sr/rb, mainly cause i have experience with them, so if things do go wrong i know where i stand. There is a mr2 near me with a 4age, coilovers and lots of goodies for $6000, it would be an awesome little car, but i know it has dark issues :(

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I think AW11 MR2's are great value if you're not scared off by the size, seating capacity and somewhat questionable looks (so many air vents!).

Cressida's hardly have heaps of power they're alright but prone to blowing headgaskets constantly, I'm not sure if that's the case with the 7M as well but it's an issue with the 5M. I like them with a manual conversion and even more with a 1JZ swap! MX73 model is my favourite followed by the MX83.

If you live in Tassie you won't get hassled by the cops anyway, or so I've heard. Lloyd Smith drove this:

up to Vic for Drift Attack last year on his L's and got pulled over in Tassie for having a tail light out, that's it. Or so the story goes.