Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

tld_06

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, comparatively speaking.

Also TLD; even if a conversion was to run over $1500, in the end it's a car that hasn't had a home-job paintjob/locked diff/probably a skid pig/is a onevia that probably had some front end damage (who would want the heavier/kinda ugly 180 front end?) for a similar price to that?
Fair enough. Go check out a few examples before you make a decision. Hell for that kind of money you could almost get an R32/R33 GTS. Infact there's an R33 GTS on firesport.com for $4500ish, looks pretty tidy too.

Conversions on cars are money holes.

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
I'd go the stock SR one you talked about a while back, just get coilovers for around $1000 and maybe a steering wheel and a seat... $2000 all up on mods.

Just read it again and it's auto, damn!

Last edited:

condog

Likes Dirt
Hey guys im thinking of selling my ute so i can get a car to seat more people. I want to get a wagon so i can still take bikes etc...
I've narrowed my choices down to these three. If anybody has any info or experiences with these cars id be happy to here about it.

Nissan Stagea
Mitsubishi Legnum
Subaru Forester GT

My Budget can stretch a bit over 10k at the moment If i can get enough for my current car. One point i've realised is that a manual (which is prefered) is hard to come buy especially with the legnum and stagea.
Any help or info would be appreciated.

Edit: Something like this is what id be keen on- http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...ing|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294964597 4294957255 408&silo=1011&PriceTo=408&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=7&__sid=12AA3D649BEE

Last edited:

jazzyj

Squid
Hey guys im thinking of selling my ute so i can get a car to seat more people. I want to get a wagon so i can still take bikes etc...
I've narrowed my choices down to these three. If anybody has any info or experiences with these cars id be happy to here about it.

Nissan Stagea
Mitsubishi Legnum
Subaru Forester GT

My Budget can stretch a bit over 10k at the moment If i can get enough for my current car. One point i've realised is that a manual (which is prefered) is hard to come buy especially with the legnum and stagea.
Any help or info would be appreciated.

Edit: Something like this is what id be keen on- http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars...ing|0||pCar_Model_String|0&keywords=&__N=1216 1246 1247 1252 1282 4294964597 4294957255 408&silo=1011&PriceTo=408&seot=1&tsrc=allcarhome&__Nne=15&trecs=7&__sid=12AA3D649BEE
I have a GT and they are brilliant. reasonably quick for a wagon, heaps of upgrade potential, and although not as roomy as those other cars, will still get people and gear in them in relative comfort and great reliability

the downside is for 10k and under it is going to be a pre 2000 car, and will likely have 250.000k on it. hard to justify a car with that much wear on it

condog

Likes Dirt
I have a GT and they are brilliant. reasonably quick for a wagon, heaps of upgrade potential, and although not as roomy as those other cars, will still get people and gear in them in relative comfort and great reliability

the downside is for 10k and under it is going to be a pre 2000 car, and will likely have 250.000k on it. hard to justify a car with that much wear on it
Yeah for the same price as a GT with 200,000+ you can get a legnum of the same vintage with less then 100,000. If i was to go for the subaru i would save up a bit more. Id say it would repay itself with the reliability and lower running costs, insurance and rego?

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Now waiting on import approval for a beast. If anyone can guess it I'll give them a firm handshake. No hints.

EDIT: Right on two accounts, wrong on one Breaka.

Last edited:

Dirt Devil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My 1983 Yamaha SR400 project while I'm getting my bike licence. I bought it stock from Japan but have modified it a bit since then.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
My 1983 Yamaha SR400 project while I'm getting my bike licence. I bought it stock from Japan but have modified it a bit since then.
stylin' it old school. nice.

my latest effort: Feargus at the farm, complete with chook poo. after a week of sorting brakes - details at my blog tomorrow - and my latest score, a 1982 Apollo Spitfire bmx, Tange frame and forks, Araya rims, Suzue hubs, not too bad for $40.

fairy1

Banned
FWD's should never have wider tyres on the rear than the front, it's just silly, but as you say an easy fix.