Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

floody

Wheel size expert
Yuck ha ha

A company was also doing a stationwagon conversion.

Probobly wont do a blue and white scorcher scheme on the baja but i like the idea. It will most likely be repainted in its current scheme of black and red. Barwork will be black and wheels will stay white.

Nicko
Ok..How about add some more flake to the red, do the two tone with white bottom and some douglas alloy rims*? :p

*summitracing have some good prices...

binner

Hath shat hymself
a sale

a few more of the progress
shameless sale... well i just landed a new project, so this lil resto is up for sale, pm me if you want to be part of the ol skool culture..
click on the arrow in the quote to go to the page
binner

Last edited:

syphon_the_python

Likes Dirt
Dad just picked this up for $5K. 1975 Ducati 860GT. Stoked!

We're thinking of a fairly low key restoration. I'm keen for some clip ons, solo seat, 2 into 1 pipe and blacked out wheels.

KGrHqYOKjIE3vOtgC9BOGZk7T03Q_3.jpg

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Dad just picked this up for $5K. 1975 Ducati 860GT. Stoked!

We're thinking of a fairly low key restoration. I'm keen for some clip ons, solo seat, 2 into 1 pipe and blacked out wheels.

View attachment 208146
I've been trying to persuade dad to get back into bikes, figured it would be something fun to do together and I'm interested in getting into them. He rode ducatis as a kid. His reply after my suggestion: "motorbikes are very fast and very silly things to have around young males". Dammit.

CanCer

Likes Dirt
180's engine is out =] So getting a new heart next week then it'll be back to being able to drive places again after 3 months of sticking close to home :clap2:

dog boy

Likes Dirt
Who here has copped shit from car drivers when on the motorbike? Going to UNI the other morning had some old man object to me filtering lanes and refused to let me merge into the main lane of traffic. Then on the way home someone went out of their way to position them selves so I couldn't get past when they saw me filtering. Traffic moved and he did it again, 3rd time the traffic moved luckily there was a gap in the other lane of traffic so I managed to ride round him even though bastard tried to hit me with his front bumper as I came past, he actually drove out of his way partially into the other lane to try and stop me getting past.

Anyone else ever had dramas like these.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Who here has copped shit from car drivers when on the motorbike? Going to UNI the other morning had some old man object to me filtering lanes and refused to let me merge into the main lane of traffic. Then on the way home someone went out of their way to position them selves so I couldn't get past when they saw me filtering. Traffic moved and he did it again, 3rd time the traffic moved luckily there was a gap in the other lane of traffic so I managed to ride round him even though bastard tried to hit me with his front bumper as I came past, he actually drove out of his way partially into the other lane to try and stop me getting past.

Anyone else ever had dramas like these.
This kind of crap happens nearly every time I get on the bike. It really makes you aware of how abhorrently shit some drivers actually are. So many people are just aggressive in nature. They shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel.

So I just discovered theres a little bit of oil in my coolant reservoir... Cracked head? something else? FIX HOW??

Should note, the bike still SEEMS to run fine. Don't really want it to die when im a hundred k's from home though...

Venciferus

Likes Dirt
Haha, I'd say he doesn't put his bike in it and doesn't drive on many rough, dirt roads. I've seen some people do shuttles in worse rough driving vehicles than that though!

Good to see another slider on the forum, especially with a RB S14A! Can't beat that S14 purple either.

._._._._._.

Likes Dirt
Pretty much if you don't drive like a dickhead, you don't get defects.
Keep the car looking clean and you'll be fine too. I haven't been pulled over in like 4 months of P-Plate ownership on my s13 and I live in a town crawling with police. I'm putting it down to almost entirely stock exterior.

streaty

Cannon Fodder
Looks pretty wild, but where do you put you bike in that ?

How does it go down rough dirt roads ? suspension looks pretty low + hard.
goes down dirt roads fast and sideways..............or not lol. iv got a stagea RS4 that's much better for that sorta stuff :D

Haha, I'd say he doesn't put his bike in it and doesn't drive on many rough, dirt roads. I've seen some people do shuttles in worse rough driving vehicles than that though!

Good to see another slider on the forum, especially with a RB S14A! Can't beat that S14 purple either.
haha well i will be getting a bike carrier for it but yeah its not ideal for the bush. the purple is cool but all my clearcoat is peeling so its getting sprayed in arctic white :p

Love everything about it! Too bad this wouldn't be suitable for the street (defects!) otherwise I would get one!
thanks man, yeah its currently in the process of getting engineered to avoid any future issues (goodbye straight pipe and screamer lol)

Pretty much if you don't drive like a dickhead, you don't get defects.
yup never been pulled over :D

Keep the car looking clean and you'll be fine too. I haven't been pulled over in like 4 months of P-Plate ownership on my s13 and I live in a town crawling with police. I'm putting it down to almost entirely stock exterior.
yep works a treat! the car is being fitted with a supermade kit so ill lose my sleeper appeal, but by then it should be engineered. cant wait to have a legal 400hp+ skidder

Last edited:

Anthiron

Likes Dirt
This kind of crap happens nearly every time I get on the bike. It really makes you aware of how abhorrently shit some drivers actually are. So many people are just aggressive in nature. They shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel.

So I just discovered theres a little bit of oil in my coolant reservoir... Cracked head? something else? FIX HOW??

Should note, the bike still SEEMS to run fine. Don't really want it to die when im a hundred k's from home though...

Not sure what you drive however this is a problem that can be associated with leaky gasgets in an oil cooler. IE - Nothing to do with the actual engine which is why it runs fine....for now. (of course it could also be a head gasget, Crack etc)

If there is oil in your coolant rest assured there is coolant in your oil. This = Big problems. water and coolant in your engine will accellerate wear like you wouldnt beleive, you will get corrosion where it would otherwise not be possible.

Stop driving the car immediately! If you do not have the know how to fix it then get it towed to someone who does.

My 2c

Nicko

Just realised u meant a bike........above still applies. Edit