Project Car / Motorbike thread. Let's see 'em.

mr_marko

Likes Bikes
fuck, those are the tallest ape hangers I've ever seen.... fucking hilarious...

i wanna see it on the road blasting past the coffee shops on a sundae morn...
Yeah they started out as a 33" joke, but that was 5 years ago and now I actually find riding the mongrel comfortable. Going past coffee shops in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney is lots of fun especially with the short shot pipes.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Ohhh yes .....I'm a 2K believer.....

I did this today.....from 2K hi build primer surfacer on Friday with a 320 grit sand to a 3 coat 2K base colour today....
I'm fucking stoked, used a star gun with 1.4 nozzle and wide fan

Edit..... Just got more goodies arrive......S C A T man

Attachments

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The flappy paddles and the price stopped me buying a Sport. I'm old and set in my ways and like three pedals for fun little cars. So mine had less grunt and less toys, but with a proper manual and Australian speed limits, it's most of the fun. And frankly, the three cylinder turbo when thrashed sounds great!

[video=youtube_share;KsUPixwMDg0]https://youtu.be/KsUPixwMDg0[/video]

nitro01

Likes Dirt
And today, the Falcon spits a fuel pump. :(

It's getting a brand new XR6 pump dropped in right now, mine again after school. Slightly bigger pump with the already decent sized injectors should give me a tad more braap on the floor :D

Really hoping this is the last of the issues for a while... first it was thermostat housing, then starter, then a few vacuum hoses blew, then a fuel pump goes. I just want my car!

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Binner that is mint, good job. Is that shifter so you can get reverse without having to depress the stick?

Small effort today, headliner. Didn't come out right, cut one section too short so will redo tomorrow with something through the centre to give it a smooth curve along the roof line.

Sent from my doodle using fapatalk

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
fee like having a tequila

Binner that is mint, good job. Is that shifter so you can get reverse without having to depress the stick?

Small effort today, headliner. Didn't come out right, cut one section too short so will redo tomorrow with something through the centre to give it a smooth curve along the roof line.

cheers bloke,
yeah the black knob is reverse shift, pull up and shift. I like the headliner idea man, how are you holding it up on the roof?

stirk

Burner

Whoa, green grass floor, thatch roof, tropical the theme going on here, needs a palm tree shifter!

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
The flappy paddles and the price stopped me buying a Sport. I'm old and set in my ways and like three pedals for fun little cars. So mine had less grunt and less toys, but with a proper manual and Australian speed limits, it's most of the fun. And frankly, the three cylinder turbo when thrashed sounds great!

[video=youtube_share;KsUPixwMDg0]https://youtu.be/KsUPixwMDg0[/video]
I dig that commentator, so much more informative than the top gear celebrities.

hazza6542

Eats Squid
cheers bloke,
yeah the black knob is reverse shift, pull up and shift. I like the headliner idea man, how are you holding it up on the roof?
Today is just a test, might try and figure out some dowel or metal strip that's strong enough to hold it but not saf up the centre to hold it up, it sags at the moment. $20 worth was enough for two attempts so that's not bad. Couldn't justify a new headliner on a rat.

Is the shifter short shift too? All I know about kombi shifters is stirring a spoon through porridge. Looks the goods, excited to see how the interior comes up. Any work on the beetle?
Whoa, green grass floor, thatch roof, tropical the theme going on here, needs a palm tree shifter!
That's not a bad idea actually, for now it's just a pbr can. Gotta find a new shifter and mechanic is encouraging me to get something like binners but might save that till the new engine. Still on the hunt for a shrunken head to hang from the rear view mirror. If only the girlfriends housemate would donate herself to the cause...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

binner

Hath shat hymself
Shorty

Yeah ,scat shifter is tight and slick. I had a vintage speed shifter in my dual cab but VS don't make them anymore so I went with a SCAT .....

I sold the engine out of the beetle and am now selling the beetle, it's on eBay at the moment....

redbruce

Eats Squid
I dig that commentator, so much more informative than the top gear celebrities.
Yeah my son has put me onto this guy and have enjoyed his reviews (but then I grew tired of Top Gear Clarkson ego nonsense quite early on).

Mates wife has the previous Clio RS and it is a hoot, and fun even at (close to) speed limit. Ride is remarkably civilised for the handling performance on tap.

Lease is almost up and she is about to replace it with this current version so looking forward to a drive.

Another mate has current Clio GT and loves it.

All up has really changed my view of Renaults.

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
They're good cars. Not the best built, not the most reliable (not the worst either), but engineered for fun and character. And they just handle so well - frogs and Italians always make great handling cars. They have to, Italian and French drivers are all insane!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
They're good cars. Not the best built, not the most reliable (not the worst either), but engineered for fun and character. And they just handle so well - frogs and Italians always make great handling cars. They have to, Italian and French drivers are all insane!!
It's those small roads and winding hills.

Last edited:

redbruce

Eats Squid
I was an Alfaholic for 20 years so get it entirely.

The Alfas were replaced with a reliable family car and a Honda VFR 800 motorbike (for me).

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I was an Alfaholic for 20 years so get it entirely.

The Alfas were replaced with a reliable family car and a Honda VFR 800 motorbike (for me).
The best car I ever owned...

Still kick myself for not keeping her.