Project DJ Build

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Well Ive been a bit slack lately with street/DJ riding. In fact I havent had a bike together for over 2 months now!
Excuses aside - its time to do something about it. So its project time!

Thought I would share my build on here for some feedback and ideas.

I have always been predominately a tech street rider. Put down to the fact I have a strong trials back ground. So slow technical moves suit me perfectly! But its time to stop copping flack from all my mates and the team riders about my lack of dirt etiquette.
So this bike will be built DJ specific and its time for me to toughen up and hit some of the sweet local trails at my door step.

Here is the proposed build list and some of the custom mods needed.

Frame: NS Majesty - Tint Gold
Fork: Fox 831 Kashima Coat 100mm
Rims: NS Trailmaster - Black
Hubs: NS Rotary F+R - Red
Bar: NS Proof - Black
Stem: NS Quark Pro - Red
Cranks: Demolition - Black
Tyres: Schwalbe Tabletop??
Pedals: NS Aerial Pro - Red
Brakes: Avid Elixer
Grips: NS Martin Slim Grip - Black

So far most of the parts are ready to go.

Had to make a slight modification to the Rotary 20mm hub to fit the 15mm Fox fork's axle.

Holy.... That is going to be such an incredable build. Pretty much the best of the best. For tyres tts are good, maybe mac 2s if the budget permits or dths for a bit more budget choice.

On another note, could you maybe pm me or post how you did the hub mod. I never thought you could do this.... Really sick ass mod.

Edit: Do I spot some 2011 parts there?

Last edited:

sam125rider

Likes Dirt
ohhhhhh dammm. that is going to be one intense build. that will put anyone recently dj build to shame e.g. mine ;(

tires maybe small block eights all round?

Holy.... That is going to be such an incredable build. Pretty much the best of the best. For tyres tts are good, maybe mac 2s if the budget permits or dths for a bit more budget choice.

On another note, could you maybe pm me or post how you did the hub mod. I never thought you could do this.... Really sick ass mod.

Edit: Do I spot some 2011 parts there?
Hmmmm, I think you do :eek:

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
I will post up some pics on the weekend, but its almost finished! waiting on tyres and sprocket!

as am i. ive been thinking of getting a fork with a 15mm axle, if the ghetto solution is cheaper than the hope converter ill ghetto rig it. this build os looking sick by the way, cant wait to see some pics of this beast built up!

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Well its not too ghetto... I actually had a friend machine down the 20mm hub and then make some matching reducers. So its pretty pro, and would probably cost a bit if it wasnt a mate!

Here are some pics of the machined hub and reducers. Hopefully NS will release a kit to convert its hubs next year.

Ben.

photo.JPG

thats pretty sweet. i thought it was going to be more like sticking a bit of pvc in there and hoping for the best lol. nice work it looks like a good quality conversion. im hoping for them to release a converter too as i really want an ns hub but i also want a fork that has a 15mm axle, as i wanted to do a chome/black scheme on my bike

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Good to see you got around that hub dilemma benny, your mates done a good job! more people are using 15mm forks than I was expecting, will cater for it next time!

Staunch

Eats Squid
That thing is going to be so mint, can't wait to see complete pics :)

Oh, and NS releasing a 20mm -> 15mm hub conversion would be amazing, would save me a fair bit of money :)

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Have you ordered the Schwalbe tyres?

If this is going to be prodomiantly a Dirt Jump bike and your never going to touch concrete i would recomend the Geax Aka tyres.

So much grip, they have alot of tread squirm too so they arent suitable for street or park. I make the effort to change to them for any dirt riding :)

NS Capital Man

Likes Dirt
i just recently built up an NS capital i thougth it was pretty good but compared to yours it's like a huffy.haha. Sweet build mate!

potato

Likes Dirt
Wow

I know it's been said 100 times alreay, but oh my god! This thing will be the definition of sex on wheels! Can't wait to see a finished product :D