Front brake - Avid Elixir CR 8" rotor
Rear brake - Avid Elixir CR 8" rotor
Cranks - Truvativ Holzfeller 170mm 38t
Chainguide - MRP G2
Pedals - Crank Bros.
Rear derailleur - SRAM X9
Rear shifter - SRAM X0
Tyres - Maxxis Minion F 2.5

Only just picked this up. So far its wicked. The ELKA is highly adjustable and can be easily fine-tuned.
I will put up some more feedback once i have given it a full test.

Attachments

Bunyip

Likes Dirt
Took the bike out for a DH today.
I'm pumped...
I had a basic setup on it. Once i got on the track, just a few turns here and there on the ELKA and it was dialed.
I'll say it again i'm pumped...
it corners like a dream and takes hits well.
It pedals really well too, not sure how it compares to other virtual pivot bikes, but felt good to me.

I don't really have anything bad to say about it, but i'm not up speed yet as a few things still feel foreign to me (eg. 63 head angle) but overall its a great ride.
Its mostly predictable and gives you solid feedback. Pedaling and cornering are the big positives, but also plowing and jumping are good.
Wicked ride. really happy.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
So Adam has one of these frames to?Why the swing to some thing different,I mean I have seen these frames before but not on any AUST sites yet.Pink bike talked them up a bit,there german right?

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice mate! the rear end looks VPP? or is there something else going on there? looks like an amazing ride, and different too. 10/10 for you good sir :)

santacruzkid

Likes Dirt
These frames are only new to the Country from what I'm told. There is only a hand full of these getting around. For the price these things are amazing. 10" travel VPP and weighing somewhere between the 18.0 - 18.5kgs complete. They don't feel too much different to the santacruz V10. the thing yuo notice the most is the cash left in you wallet after buying one. V10 frame $5000 Propain Rage $3500 - $4000

Sweet looking bike you have there Matty.

Bunyip

Likes Dirt
So Adam has one of these frames to?Why the swing to some thing different,I mean I have seen these frames before but not on any AUST sites yet.Pink bike talked them up a bit,there german right?
Nah not yet. But he should hahaha.
There was write up in PinkBike that was really positive.
Yeah a German bike.

Haven't got the scales out yet for it, but i'd say between 17-18

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Looks good. Any chance of some better pics?
Floating rear shock, nice. Any idea of what's going on technicly? Wheel path, pedalling/chaingrowth characteristics, brake characteristics etc?

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yes ... I have way too much time on my hands

From Propain:

PRO1 - Pedal efficiency

The Pro 10 suspension system uses four pivots located at exactly calculated positions to determine a wheel travel path that minimizes any influence from the suspension to the pedals and vice versa. When the suspension compresses the length of the upper chain line remains the same, leaving no means to transfer forces from the suspension to the pedals.

PRO2 - Suspension Kinematics

All PROPAIN bikes that use the Pro10 rear suspension system have linear suspension kinematics over the whole shock stroke, which ensures that the complete travel is used efficiently. Only at the very end of travel the shock to rear wheel travel ratio is higher so you will not bottom out on big drops and jumps.

Pro 3 - Floating shock design

The shock is compressed from both sides by the levers. This helps to create the unique suspension kinematics that make PROPAIN bikes so smooth and fast.

Pro 4 - Bearings

Pivots on mountain bikes have always been a cause of trouble. That’s why PROPAIN only uses high quality ball bearings. Large diameters ensure that the bearings can cope with all forces that act on them. To further minimise these forces the distance between the two bearings from each pivot is as big as possible. As a result the bearings will probably live longer than the rider.

Pro 5 - Stiffness

The bearings are fixed with strong bolts at all pivots, all levers are one-piece designs and the tube-set is extremely strong, meaning PROPAIN bikes are extremely stiff and will go where you want them to go.

Pro 6 – Sensitivity

The wheel travel path and the suspension kinematics are optimized to guarantee an ultimate sensitive suspension to ensure your wheels stay very they belong – on the ground.

Pro 7 – Low centre of gravity

PROPAIN bikes have one of the lowest centre of gravity among all bikes on the market. A low centre of gravity will give more stability to your ride and the bike feels more agile and balanced.

Pro 8 – The perfect balance

The centre of gravity is not only low it is also in the middle of the bike, meaning it is perfectly balanced between the front and rear wheel, giving you a superior feeling in corners and in the air.

Pro 9 - Braking forces

The Pro 10 suspension system isolates most braking forces from the suspension so that your suspension will stay fully active and unaffected by braking forces. We are sure you will appreciate it when your wheels stay on the ground while braking before hitting a corner or the next tree…

PRO 10 - It is all about style

It just looks damn good…

*edit More Shiz Here

Last edited:

Burrito_Boy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks really cool! Seems like a good long and lower wheelbase too, just how i like my dh bikes :D

I'm hanging out for a decent independent ride review on one of these bad boys.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
So, going by what they've said, it appears to me that it has a virtual pivot point around the top of the chainring(what size chainring?), not too disimiler than probably the most used and sold single pivot location ever. But with probably better shock leverage characteristics, and the equivalent of a floating brake, and Low center of gravity. Sounds racey. :cool: With an upper and lower link making it potentially stiffer than a single pivot, and if there's any truth to their bearing claims, should be plenty stiff.
Slap a rubber on that shock though.

Last edited: