Propain Spindrift

mittagongben

Likes Dirt
After owning the Pivot Firebrid for nearly 2 years I thought it was time for a change so I Thought back to the bike i had the most fun on and that was the specialized demo 7 that i took to Whistler the first time. So I went looking for 180mm coil sprung park bike and this should fit the bill, heading to Thredbo tomorrow to give it a proper test and confirm my thought that the rear in slightly over sprung.

Frame - 2019 Propain Spindrift XL RAW
Rear shock - Super deluxe rct coil
Front shock/fork - Yari RC 180
Handlebars - Joystick 8-bit
Stem - Sixpack 50
Headset - Cane creek 40
Grips - Odi Rouge
Saddle - Sixpack
Seatpost - Solid post
Front brake - Hope V4
Rear brake - Hope V4
Cranks - Truvativ Descendant Eagle 175 mm 32Z
Chainguide - MRP
Chain - x1
Pedals - Sam Hill
Rear derailleur - x1
Rear shifter - x01
Cassette - Garbaruk XD Driver Cassette 46-10
Front hub - Propain
Rear hub - Propain
Front rim - Flow S1
Rear rim - Flow S1
Spokes - Propain
Nipples - Propain
Tyres - Magic Mary 2.3 soft
Tubes - Only in the rear

Last edited:

Shredden

Knows his goats
Loved these since I saw the video of Ben Reid going nuts on one. Looks like a fun bike. Did you get it complete or frame only?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
#makefreeridegreatagain

Sick bike. Keen for a ride report and some photo’s in the wild.

mittagongben

Likes Dirt
So it got a good beating at thredbo destroyed one rim and set new pb on most tracks with magic marries front and rear, that was very surprising. Riding it i know it's heavier than the firebird but it doesn't feel it, I don't think i have ever cornered as fast on any bike as i have on this just seems to have endless grip. I'm sure now the spring needs to go down 25 pound but on the high speed rough stuff it was great, giving a floating feeling.

mittagongben

Likes Dirt
ride by instinct is the Aussie disturber, it's all air dropped from Germany so all he does is sort out the postage and customs. You can only buy as a complete, but you can request it to come as a build kit and build it yourself like i did. I a box load of new bits to sell.

www.ridebyinstinct.com.au