Proposed MTB club for Warburton, Narbethong, Bunyip and surrounds

big geoff

Likes Dirt
So I know a lot of you folks out there ride these areas mostly DH and i was thinking that we need to get our sh!t together and form a club with a focus on trail advocacy (getting trails legal and working with parks etc) I have spoken to quite a few people and it seems that it's the only way for us to have a sustainable DH and enduto/ trail riding community in these areas.

I have emailed MTBA and done some research through IMBA and I know quite a bit about working with local government organisations. At this point I am looking to find out what sort of interest there is for riders to join such a club. Member numbers are very important when negotiating with stakeholdes as the more people's interests you are speaking/ lobying for the more attention will be paid to your issues.

Club membership would be somewhere in the ball park of $110 for the year with around $80 going to MTBA. So what would be good is if people could let me know if they would join such a club either via leaving a post to this thread or preferably by P.M ing me.

Thanks for your time and this thread will be posted in the DH section as well.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in. a club for advocating and building trails and not just for racing would be perfect.

Davo94

Likes Dirt
I'm in. I would love to have more legalized trails in that area and am currently looking for a club to join. If a club was to be focussed on the legalization of trails then i think it would need to have a more relaxed sorta feel to allow members to put their ideas forward. A dedicated management team would also be required... and i would be happy to become a part of that.