Prototype Frame Fabrication Sydney

mike&nat

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm working on a E-bike design for a start up and need to find someone local that could fabricate the prototype frame.

Rear Suspension Alloy frame with tube, RHS and plate bending nothing hydroformed. Does anyone know of anyone that is in the business of frame making to this extent?

Thanks,

Nathan

Last edited:

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Realistically you need to resolve the design beyond a concept sketch before a fabricator will be able to help you with prices, unless you want them to charge you for engineering work up front.

latheboy

Likes Dirt
I'm in Melbourne so a bit far but I can do the CAD design and fab for you, It's what I do in my day job.

I charge $100/hour plus materials.

If you only have that sketch you are looking at about a weeks worth of just CAD design to start with.
Do you have any of the Geo or dimensions worked out?
Do you have any of the Electronic parts yet? These are needed for the frame design.
It would suck to build a nice frame only to find out nothing fits in the space.

Do you want to build a prototype or do you think you are going into mass production straight up?

mike&nat

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey thanks for the pointers we have an extensive business plan, CAD modelers and electrical engineers on hand. I've removed the sketch reference, as the focus of this thread is to find someone to make it locally, we can supply them accordingly with the design.