Prototype SC V10 .....275

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Slightly ambiguous with Peaty saying they're 26". Still the Syndicate guys have held off longer than most but the reality is Santa Cruz had to move to 650 to keep up with the market (regardless of whether there's a performance gain or not). Figured this was coming...

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
At least the syndicate wont look like they're riding kids bikes anymore! They all dwarf those V-10s!

heavyp

You heard it here first
Who gives a shit about the wheel size how nice does a v10 look in all white about time they did something different with the paint

"At least the syndicate wont look like they're riding kids bikes anymore! They all dwarf those V-10s!"
They do and they don't the enve wheels being deep like they are make the wheel look smaller so i think its a bit of an optical illusion, as an XL v10 is huge well I thought it was.

The frame is definitely different thou, look at the shape of the front triangle and the extra material where the shock meets the main frame

s780_MeagherC_140616_0074.jpg
santacruz-v10-275-1.jpg

Last edited:

jbg

Likes Dirt
Was bound to happen sooner or later, looks great though. wonder how the lads will go with the bigger wheels

Wait till the kids on pinkbike get a load of this, gonna crush the hearts of a few 26 inch die-hards ;)

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well Josh just won the National Champs by 3.5 seconds over Gee. I'm not starting a debate about what wheel size is faster, just saying at least the early signs are good in terms of him getting on the the bike.

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well Josh just won the National Champs by 3.5 seconds over Gee. I'm not starting a debate about what wheel size is faster, just saying at least the early signs are good in terms of him getting on the the bike.
Andy he's been shredding the newmad probably just weighting on the new one

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Andy he's been shredding the newmad probably just weighting on the new one
Indeed. At the end of the day, I think Josh might have just turned a bit of a corner - he's always been fast but he's suddenly gotten some podiums which has made him hungry. Then he's gotten a win at Leogang and it's like perhaps he's really started to learn "race craft" as opposed to just being quick. So on 26 or 275 he's racing hard and going to get results regardless.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
He beat at the last world cup on 26" wheels............

andy73

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He beat at the last world cup on 26" wheels............
I know mate - like I say, I'm not suggesting he's suddenly faster because he's on bigger wheels. I think it's more indicative of where Josh is at than his wheel size.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I know mate - like I say, I'm not suggesting he's suddenly faster because he's on bigger wheels. I think it's more indicative of where Josh is at than his wheel size.

I was just baiting you so I could use the old saying that it isn't about the wheel size, it's the rider. ;) :llama:

heavyp

You heard it here first
spotted in the alps a few weeks ago

[video]http://video.mtb-forum.it/videos/view/4960[/video]