Prototype Scott DH Bike

Joel_32

Likes Dirt
EDIT: Image i posted was an interpretation created by user, not the actual design released by Scott. Should have read further before re-posting.

Last edited:

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I think I have my head around it.

The link from the rear triangle will pull down under compression, therefore depressing the shock. But because the link is in front of the shock, it will want to pull the shock towards the front of the bike.

The link from the seat tube, running horizontally, is designed to stop the shock moving forward, and should track the shock in a smooth line up/down.

But it looks pretty ugly and unnecessarily complicated in my opinion.

heavyp

You heard it here first
looks like a cross over between a sinister and maybe the cannondale or commencal cant think of the top off my head (better get back to work)
10555.jpg
2010-cannondale-moto-carbon-2.jpg

Last edited:

MARKL

Eats Squid
So much for the simplicity of a single pivot...

Do you think the engineers really, really wanted to design a multi pivot bike?

Yarrahappinni

Likes Dirt
What for?

The bike industry is getting complicated for complication/marketing sake. Look at the SB66 with its "super suspension", Giant and thier "special" head tube, 27.5" wheels and now Scott have finally put the Frankenstein knife to the Gambler. K.I.S.S. I'd rather buy a Chinese copy of a 2011 model. At least there will be something "standard" on it.

B-Proof

Likes Dirt
Everyone complains that all the new downhill bikes look the same. And then something different comes out. And everyone complains that it's different...

Hope Brendog smashes it!

brutasauras

Likes Dirt
Scott Gambler 2012

Just put the points in linkage and this is what came out just remember this was done from a dodgy angled photo and i had to make a few assumptions, like travel 200mm, swingarm length 425mm and head angle 65 deg (No use doing the polygons of the frame until exact measurements) . I personally think it is a sound design with a rising rate similar to the old gambler but a lower leverage ratio, standard axle path pretty much the same as the old bike. This design has a triangulated swing arm with no bearings on the wheel side other than the main pivot and the swingarm pulls on the linkage this probably helps with making it lighter but maintaining stiffness. It really is no more complex than the old bike but by the tone of this forum it does not have many admirers in the looks department.:)

Attachments

Last edited:

jonozrx

Likes Dirt
Personally I like the look of it. Brutasaurus is probably correct about the lower leverage ratio, but I think the head angle will be more like 63 degrees.

I would also hazard a guess that the production version will come with some adjustable geometry.