PS3 internet connection

Hopper

Likes Dirt
I bought a PS3 about two weeks ago at the end of my exams and couldn't get it to connect to the internet. I ig nored it fo r acouple of days and had a quick search on the net on how to fix the problem and basically came to the conclusion I had to updated the software on it via USB.

Well yesterday I did the update and still can't get onto the internet.

The setup is:
Adam ADSL2+ through a netcomm NB5 ADSL2+ Modem router. This connects to a Netgear WG102 wireless router.

This has no problem working with the family Desktop or three other laptops.

From the amount of times I have tried I am sure that I have the WPA key correct, The IP settings ar ethe same as what my laptop connectin settings use (except I can't seem to find an equivalent/what the primary and secondary DNS settings are, with auto setup it sets them as 0.0.0.0). the other prompts Ihave tried auto, or manual and use what my laptop uses.

However I haven't tried to touch MTU (I don't know what this is), have always said don't use for Proxy Server and always had UPnP enabled.

In test conneciton above SSID: NETGEAR, it will go "Connecting to access point", then, "Exchanging key information", then, "Connection test completed", however it fails to Obtain IP address and at the bottom it says "The Key information exchange timed out".

How did everyone else who connected wirelessly do it?

EDIT: Sorry if this post doesn't make much sense, ask me questions and I will clarify points

Hopper

Likes Dirt
How will I know if Ihave a firewall blocking it? Currently the Windows firewall is off, Idon;t know the exact setup that our system is using because dad got an IT guy from his work to stu up the wireless for us about a year ago.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Automatically assign IP? I had problems setting up the net but I got it all sorted after fiddling around.

May have copied ip on my wireless router or someshit, can't quite remember.

sam705

Likes Dirt
My brother done our's..
Problem free.

Bought home a ethernet cable or whatever they are called.

PS3 is up one end of the house and computer at the other..
Luckily, he work's at Clipsal and found a 20m cable out back which they don't stock anymore. You cannot get 20m or bigger these day's..

But after hooking this up (just reache's) everytime we wanted to play then unhooking it and what not, he heard that PS3's are wireless so you can sign in and play online without the cord..

So now it is much easier!