Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

moorey

call me Mia
Almost too good, except Kronos the band is from the land of Gojira, not Metallica. I hadn’t actually heard of Kronos bikes.
Oh. I remember them from back in the day. I remembered them being European, forgot you were after a American band. Play on.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Sticking with music.

Shihad changed their name a while back...what to and why the change?

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Pacifier? cant remember why
Correct. Part 1
9/11 and the connotations of Shihad/jihad.

Frenzal Rhomb then changed their name to Shihad
Also correct, they signed with a US publisher and were talked into the name change 2004ish, new name only lasted a few years before they reverted and a band in Tassie (?) took the Pacifier moniker.

Didn't know about the FR bit.

All yours @CHEWY, didn't realise two part questions where frowned upon.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Correct. Part 1

Also correct, they signed with a US publisher and were talked into the name change 2004ish, new name only lasted a few years before they reverted and a band in Tassie (?) took the Pacifier moniker.

two part questions aren’t frowned upon although usually the second part is thrown in as for bonus points

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Bit of materials science, had to do a lot of this lately.

What alloying element give stainless steel its corrosion resistance?

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Correct. Part 1

One self-titled album under the Pacifier moniker before they switched back. I’m glad the music streaming services have the sense to put it in the Shihad catalog rather than have it sitting out on its own.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As a heavy metal fan from way back, what is the heaviest metal in terms of density?
In terms of practical use I think it's depleted uranium - it's what's used for shielding radioactive isotopes and blowing fuckers up when packed in cannon shells. There may be heavier ones out there but I think they're either too rare or radioactive for general use.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
In terms of practical use I think it's depleted uranium - it's what's used for shielding radioactive isotopes and blowing fuckers up when packed in cannon shells. There may be heavier ones out there but I think they're either too rare or radioactive for general use.
Oh damn, just realised I didn’t specify atomic weight v density. I think you might be right on Uranium as far as atomic weight goes, but Osmium is the densest.

Your turn.