Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
How in depth a description are you after?

As far as I recall it’s basically visible static electricity that tends to linger and almost appear to roll across surfaces. My uncle’s a pilot for DHL and has posted up some mad videos of it skirting around cockpit windows

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
How in depth a description are you after?

As far as I recall it’s basically visible static electricity that tends to linger and almost appear to roll across surfaces. My uncle’s a pilot for DHL and has posted up some mad videos of it skirting around cockpit windows
It famously affected a British Airways 747 flight about 35 years ago when a volcanic ash cloud covered their aircraft. It resulted in all four engines shutting down. The Captain discovered that below 10,000ft, it was cool enough for volcanic ash to solidify and fly out the engine.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
A pilot you say? For DHL? Reckon there's a few burners willing to chip in for a cashie to Frankfurt right now......
Hahaha. Yeah, I think Leipzig is their main hub (or at least that’s where he has to start all his long haul flights from.) He’s never been this side of the world unfortunately but I dare say he’d be down for smuggling mtb parts in the hold as he used to be a team mechanic on the World Cup circuit.
He legit swung spanners for Fabian Barel and Nathan Rennie back in the early 00’s

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ok to get the ball rolling again,

which famous record producer is responsible as producer and more often co-writer for not only the following classic songs (amongst others)

Blondie :Call Me
Kenny Loggins: The Heat is on
Berlin: Take My Breath Away
Phil Oakey: Together in Electric Dreams
Donna Summer: I Feel Love
The Soundtracks to Midnight Express, Cat People and Scarface

but also had a hand in designing this mad bastard V16 80’s supercar
Electric Dreams! Love the movie and song. I still have the scars from trying to make my own Edgar out of cardboard boxes as a 6 year old. Never could get the damn thing to come alive.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
keeping on theme: St Elmo’s Fire was a typical film starring members of the ‘Brat Pack’

Gimme the names of three of them (brat pack members, that is. Not films)

(there’s a definitive half dozen but I’ll accept some of the adjacent ones too depending on my mood)