Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
The spraying about is a new one, last i heard of it that were burying them with manure or something to realease good vibes or something in the soil. I think... I tuned out a lot of the dumb shit friends on my olds said....

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
The trick with all of these pray to the moon gods and fetal leftover recycling is to estimate the length of time that your average ingested herbal/ fungal concoction trip lasts for. Any longer than that and your average lovable Pagan loses interest. I'll take a wild guess at an hour. This is long enough to be convincing to the disciples that it must imbue magical properties.
Correct. 1 hour it is. Now everyone is a whole lot more informed.

You're welcome.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
The spraying about is a new one, last i heard of it that were burying them with manure or something to realease good vibes or something in the soil. I think... I tuned out a lot of the dumb shit friends on my olds said....
Oh, there's that too......

Home / Atmospheric Sprays / Horn Silica 501
Horn Silica 501
Horn Silica 501 is the original biodynamic atmospheric spray and is made from ground up clear quartz crystal and buried in cow horns over summer. Horn Silica aids photosynthesis and increases the quality of the final product, its ripeness, sweetness, flavour, fragrance, shelf life and dry fibre content.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
There was a naval theme a few pages back which I missed as I spent most of the weekend beside a junior soccer pitch, so I'm going for a throwback question. The British Navy up until the 70's issued all sailors with a tot of rum daily, an eighth of an imperial pint of overproof strength (around 54%). However this was vastly reduced from the original ration in Nelson's day. So what was the size of this original ration? And bonus points for anyone who can logically explain how the British navy conquered the world given the presumed state of their crews!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
There was a naval theme a few pages back which I missed as I spent most of the weekend beside a junior soccer pitch, so I'm going for a throwback question. The British Navy up until the 70's issued all sailors with a tot of rum daily, an eighth of an imperial pint of overproof strength (around 54%). However this was vastly reduced from the original ration in Nelson's day. So what was the size of this original ration? And bonus points for anyone who can logically explain how the British navy conquered the world given the presumed state of their crews!
Was the original ration a pint and this was reduced by admiral "old grog" when he wanted to reduce the alcohol consumption of the navy for health reasons. Or did he reduce it to a pint? I can't remember! Also I'm pretty sure his solution to the reduction in the volume of rum was to water it down with .... Beer, lemons/limes, and sugar. Thus giving birth to one of the oldest cokctiails...navy grog!

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
It was less than a pint, and "old grog" didn't reduce it but he did split it into two servings mixed with water. Interesting the nickname "old grog" wasn't booze related, it was something else entirely, which might be another worthy question!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It was less than a pint, and "old grog" didn't reduce it but he did split it into two servings mixed with water. Interesting the nickname "old grog" wasn't booze related, it was something else entirely, which might be another worthy question!
Buckner came from his cloak/jacket made of grogram. I'm still pretty sure he mixed it with beer too.

I'm going with half pint as the original ration size.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Correct. It was given to sailors at midday in one go. Interesting to know if most battles of the day took place before or after the ration. If I sculled half a pint of 54% rum I reckon the reactions would be a tad on the slow side for a while.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I totally know this one…and will base my following question on it.
Preserved in a barrel of alcohol. Probably rum.
That'll do! Most certainly rum. Edited out

frozen in carbonite and made into a statue to be mounted in Trafalgar Square?

Turned into an ashtray?

You know...

Between these 2 suggestions, an interesting idea could have been achieved. Let's say he was cremated and the ashes combined into the materials used for the making of Nelson's column.

Last edited: