Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Alrighty. Might have been a bit esoteric for you although it is quite a famous tale.

A Monkey Hanger is the nickname for any person from the city of Hartlepool in the North East of England

Legend has it that during the Napoleonic Wars, a French vessel ran aground near the town. The crew scarpered leaving only the ship's mascot - a monkey that happened to be decked out in a cute miniature uniform. Now the locals of Hartlepool having never seen neither a Frenchman nor a monkey before automatically assumed the poor primate was a French spy and arrested him, put him on trial and sentenced him to death by hanging.

Open floor

moorey

call me Mia
Alrighty. Might have been a bit esoteric for you although it is quite a famous tale.

A Monkey Hanger is the nickname for any person from the city of Hartlepool in the North East of England

Legend has it that during the Napoleonic Wars, a French vessel ran aground near the town. The crew scarpered leaving only the ship's mascot - a monkey that happened to be decked out in a cute miniature uniform. Now the locals of Hartlepool having never seen neither a Frenchman nor a monkey before automatically assumed the poor primate was a French spy and arrested him, put him on trial and sentenced him to death by hanging.

Open floor
Cool story bro. Seriously.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Open floor
Wow...that is a good story. I see there is a zong. It would make for a good film and a lot of tears in the audience.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
seeing as no one has hit with a Q..ima going
What is the Coldest capital city in the World?.....(Country Capital city not State Capital or part there of)

Last edited:

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Helsinki.
Only because I don’t know the capital of Siberia. It gets chilly there I believe.
Helsinki..Nope
And Siberia is part of Mother Russia, not a separate country...have cleared that up in the original question too, thanx (don't want to upset POSM or Moorebags)
^^^^^^TOO SLOW!^^^^^