Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

moorey

call me Mia
Let’s get this rolling again.

In honour of @Dales Cannon recently applying the Ludivico Technique to me…. what does ‘A Clockwork Orange’ refer to/what is the origin of the movie title?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dare I say it...the origin of the movie title comes from the novel of the se name upon which the film was based. I'm pretty sure there is a phrase on the book explaining the meaning (similar to how it's done in catch 22) but it has been so long since I read it.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Let’s get this rolling again.

In honour of @Dales Cannon recently applying the Ludivico Technique to me…. what does ‘A Clockwork Orange’ refer to/what is the origin of the movie title?
It’s a reference to the famous Glasgow pub crawl where you travel round the city’s circular subway system in a clockwise direction (known as The Orange Line) and get off and have a drink at the nearest pub to every station.

Anthony Burgess obviously toned down the violence for the book.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s a reference to the famous Glasgow pub crawl where you travel round the city’s circular subway system in a clockwise direction (known as The Orange Line) and get off and have a drink at the nearest pub to every station.

Anthony Burgess obviously toned down the violence for the book.

View attachment 381220
Not sure if need to insert ‘Fry’ meme….

But not as I understand it…

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I said you had the wrong answer to the trivia question. If you want to spend any time in Glasgow that is your problem... ;)