Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
I think it is actually the Scaled Composites twin-fuselage rocket launcher now
Or are we saying that it doesn't technically have the "wingspan" due to the twin-fuselage encompassing the central wing section?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I think it is actually the Scaled Composites twin-fuselage rocket launcher now
Or are we saying that it doesn't technically have the "wingspan" due to the twin-fuselage encompassing the central wing section?
Well fuck you're right, it's stated as having a wingspan of 385ft which is 65ft wider than the Spruce Goose!

Well found!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
@The Dude is correct with the SC Stratolaunch, This was what I was thinking of in one of my earlier posts but got it confused with the Virgin Galactic version which is much smaller but basically the same concept
The Spruce Goose was a huge plane but remember that it was built just after WW2

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
@The Dude is correct with the SC Stratolaunch, This was what I was thinking of in one of my earlier posts but got it confused with the Virgin Galactic version which is much smaller but basically the same concept
The Spruce Goose was a huge plane but remember that it was built just after WW2
Many outlets still state the Spruce as the record holder, but I have been corrected!

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Many outlets still state the Spruce as the record holder, but I have been corrected!
Yes, I think the Scaled thing has only been flying the last year or so. Shows what a marvel the SG was - even though it probably needed a lot more development (and money!) that just the short hop it performed