Putting sc fork in place of lefty

safreek

Hey brainy or not so brainy peeps, just wondering why a long travel single crown fork would not be a good idea in the place of a lefty, obviously a dual crown .
Just seems to me that the totem seems to be shorter in length than the lefty and also I have been led to believe that the main drama with DC forks are the top crown places pressure on the frame making snappy snappy possible.
It's only 40mm different and with xc riding all that happens around here it seems cool?
Look at the length of a lefty Max, seems long
Screenshot_2019-11-27-12-42-01-87.png

safreek

OK, update, seems the totem is about 40mm longer, but that shouldn't be a drama because there is no stress on the top of the frame, yeah?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I doubt it makes a difference whether it's dual crown or single crown, the stress is going to be on the underside either way yeah? Think about the extra leverage and where it's going to put extra stress.

Extra 40mm is pushing it, I think the normal rule is +20mm max. Some manufacturers state the max travel or a2c length too, probably wouldn't push too much further than that.

You're talking about this totem into prophet thing you wanna do right? If it's a big burly frame with stacks of gussetting I'd say go for it, but I don't think that's what the prophet is all about.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's a cannonfail...that thing wants to snap, it lives to snap, it was designed to snap...

But fuck it! It will all go together and function. Try and use an internal bottom cup for your headset and that may help reduce the influence of 40mm extra length. Or use an external and enjoy a slightly slacker front end.

safreek

:)
I doubt it makes a difference whether it's dual crown or single crown, the stress is going to be on the underside either way yeah? Think about the extra leverage and where it's going to put extra stress.

Extra 40mm is pushing it, I think the normal rule is +20mm max. Some manufacturers state the max travel or a2c length too, probably wouldn't push too much further than that.

You're talking about this totem into prophet thing you wanna do right? If it's a big burly frame with stacks of gussetting I'd say go for it, but I don't think that's what the prophet is all about.

Just want a lightweight bike similar to a Gemini, only cooler. Hoping the large prophet for sale will still be available when I get my house bond back, I have a date with destiny.
If anyone buys it just to get the lefty, please remember to hit me up to sell the frame:)

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Think of it like those douche bags that drive 4WD in the city...there is a look he is going for, rather than function. I for one endorse this idealistic take on how he wants to roll!

safreek

Lightweight... Totem...

Does not compute!!

Has to be lighter than a Gemini, and way cooler. I am pretty sure my medium prophet that, like a cockhead, I sold weighed in at around 30lbs.
I recon with the totem and a coil rear shouldn't be too bad.
Fuck me, did he say a coil, yeah thats a mad idea

safreek

Think of it like those douche bags that drive 4WD in the city...there is a look he is going for, rather than function. I for one endorse this idealistic take on how he wants to roll!
You are right, it is all about the look, but, I still want to have a decent performing bike for when I visit my mother in toowoomba, they tell me it's about mid mad for the riding up there. No, not my mum

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Thankfully 26 inch still rulez mtb
Explained the mullet to my female colleague today, she just went 29er, from an old Anthem to new Liv Pique. Damn she was quick on the lunch ride today, like massively noticeable from her 26. I wept inside, mostly for you ;)

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cannondale typically offered the lower end version of their bikes with conventional forks and only offered the lefty on higher spec models. Just be careful about A2C length as you would on another bike. Dual crown vs single crown will not have any impact on the loading under the head tube.