QLD 4X Super Series #2 Wrap Up

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
A raining Bathurst weekend still saw a great turn out of riders to Round #2 of the QLD 4X Super Series. The event organized by Flash Point Promotions in conjunction with The Gold Coast Mountain Bike Club, went off with a bang with riders enjoying the cool conditions and an excellent track.

With a large prize pool up for grabs in Elite Men, donated by Aaa Shop Fitting, we saw 20 riders in this category fighting for the win. Last rounds winner, Daniel Castillo, was back in force trying to take another win. But competition was coming from all directions. Michael Young (UMF, Answer, Flight Centre), was riding well all day but had an unlucky semi final and was knocked out. Tim McCullough (For The Riders) was also showing great form all day. Not to mention pulling off the save of the day on several occasions.

The final for Elite Men, saw some big names and international riders settle into the start gate. Back from a broken collarbone in 2 places and a plate in his shoulder we saw Randal Huntington (Norco, For The Riders, Sram) return for his first race since his World Championships debut. Daniel Castillo (UMF, Merida) was once again in the final. Richard Levinson (Ashgrove Cycles, Giant, Agent Eight) qualified in 1st position, and rounding out the field was the young gun World Cup & Champs Rider, Rhys Willemse (Tomac Australia).

All eyes were on the start… Levinson slips a pedal on the gate and Huntington has the whole shot. From there we see Huntington show how he hasn’t lost any form. He leads the race from start to finish with Levinson hot on his heels. Huntington takes out 1st place with Levinson in 2nd. Castillo & Willemse battled it out hard with Castillo taking 3rd and Willemse in 4th.

Some of the best racing all day came from our Under 15 Men category, with 6 riders fighting it out to make the final. We saw Randal Huntington’s son, Bryce, take to the gate for his 1st ever 4X race. But the final was to consist of 4 strong riders. BMX rider, Jake Smith, tackled the rough 4X track for the 1st time also. His BMX skills showed through and helped carry him to the finish line in 1st place, but not without a good fight from George Hickman. Hickman finished in 2nd place while 11 year old Travis Stone came in 3rd and Tom Selway in 4th.

Expert Men, may have been a smaller category but the racing was very exciting. All riders pushed themselves to the limits in the motto’s. Ryan Chesney showed his dominance by taking his 2nd win for the Series, while Jiel Case, Luke Mackenzie and Kenneth Smith fought hard in the finals. Case came in with the 2nd place, Mackenzie in 3rd and Smith in 4th.

Round #3 of the Super Series takes place on Sunday 9th November at Toowoomba. Details will be released for this race within the next week so keep a look out on this website.

Results Elite Men:
1. Randal Huntington (Norco, For The Riders, Sram)
2. Richard Levinson (Ashgrove Cycles, Giant Bikes, Agent Eight)
3. Daniel Castillo (UMF, Merida)
4. Rhys Willemse (Tomac Australia)
5. Michael Young (UMF, Answer, Flight Centre)
6. Mitchell Thorne
7. Tim McCullough (For The Riders)
8. Hayden Lester (Ashgrove Cycles)

Sarsha Huntington
Director
Flash Point Promotions

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Yo. Is Toowoomba the 9th or the 16th? Need to know as I am planning on going down.

This here says the 16th, but the post above says the 9th.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Toowoomba has been changed to the 9th of November.

But yeah, was an awesome day, nice and cool and some very fast racing. Thanks for the awesome day everyone. ;)

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Toowoomba has been changed to the 9th of November.

But yeah, was an awesome day, nice and cool and some very fast racing. Thanks for the awesome day everyone. ;)
What was the reason to the change?

I know someone who will be quite annoyed now. As will I as I probably won't make it down now!

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well between each race is 3 weeks, well so far, so if we were to have it on the 16th we then have a 4 week wait, but whether that is the reason or not I have no idea. I just guess it makes it easier for organizers etc to say every 3 weeks since the series started there will be 3 races.

But really all I know is that it is on the 9th and yeah. I am sure Sarsha will be able to give you a better explanation.

Sarsha

Flash Point Promotions
What was the reason to the change?

I know someone who will be quite annoyed now. As will I as I probably won't make it down now!
Hi Guys,

The reason for the change was due to personal matter with me. And as I organsie the event it had to be changed. Sorry about this! I did repost a new poster a while ago so that people knew of the date change. Poster below.

Still hope we can see poeple there.

Attachments

jon55sey

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys,

The reason for the change was due to personal matter with me. And as I organsie the event it had to be changed. Sorry about this! I did repost a new poster a while ago so that people knew of the date change. Poster below.

Still hope we can see poeple there.
Alright no worries. Will hopefully still see you all there.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is there a PDF of the results from last weekend, or do we just wait till the end? I mean I was just curious. Probably still being done because people actually have a life outside of farkin. :p