Qld licence suspension.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey all, after a bit of QLD drivers licence info... Long story short i just flashed the last point off my green P2 licence. Now i drive 7 days a week and my licence is crucial to my apprenticeship and my company.

Question is, what are my options? i hear its 6 months suspended or 1 year good behavior.. Is this still the case? And am i right to still drive until i get the fine? Any help is appreciated because getting info out of government documents isn't fun and insanely confusing.

SMIIISH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To my understanding, If you lose your lisense it is from when the fine is processed and you are usually given a few months beforehand anyway? My mate went through a 3 month suspension for speeding. Poxy fine. He had to go through that...
If your lisense is so important like you said, I am at a loss as to why you are driving in such a way as to be losing all of your points. Perhaps invest in a road bike?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
3 month suspension or 1 year behaviour bond. If you lose the 1 point on the beahviour bond, then a 6 month suspension. It's not hard to live with one point only for 12 months - it's essentially what you were already doing before this last fine.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Yeah, you should be right to keep driving. They will notify you of the suspension/give you an option.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why i was speeding wasn't the question. I've got 80,000k's under my belt and was driving a work ute (the slower i go the more i get paid). Today was extremely busy and i just forgot for a second and got flashed. Would have been <13km/h easily.

Thanks for the info guys, especially spanky, Looks like its 1yr GDB or 3months off. Both with late night restrictions.

tu plang

knob
Is the car registered in your name?

If you get a fine in a company vehicle its actually a huge fine to the company, like $600 but no points off an individuals license. That is if the vehicle is registered as a company vehicle and not just in say your bosses name, in which case he'll obviously fill at the stat dec.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh it is a company ute. It's a $600 or so fine for speeding or $140 and points for the individual. I'd rather take it on the chin and not let the company pay for it because they've done heaps for me.

blackjack

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ive just finished a 1 year good behaviour bond. its not that hard. you just have to be wary of your speed. if you need your licence for work, i guess thats the decision you have to take

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh well im thinking the company pay for it and i'll re-imburse them. Otherwise its 1 year GDB which isn't that bad.

But was just chatting with some people and they said Vito vans only take the picture from the front? I approached the rear of the van and it flashed well before i went past it.

tu plang

knob
Yeh well im thinking the company pay for it and i'll re-imburse them. Otherwise its 1 year GDB which isn't that bad.

But was just chatting with some people and they said Vito vans only take the picture from the front? I approached the rear of the van and it flashed well before i went past it.
Nah thats not true. There's one thats regularly a few streets away from where I live that shoots from the rear window. Hence why they use a van, all that nice space in the back ;)