QLD- MT Crosby XC Club racing with added Super D

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Kenmore cycle club have set another date for a club race at the Mount Crosby venue.

Where - Cnr of Bindleys rd and Swensons rd Mount Crosby (entry at gate a few hundred metres past corner)

Date - Sunday 4th October 2009

Time - Registration from 7:00 am

XC Racing from 8:00am

Super D immediately after XC

Cost - Cross Country - $10.00

Super D - $5.00

Day Licenses available for non MTBA license holders for $15.00

a few $$ for a Snag and a drink

Categories - A,B,C and U11 and 13 Juniors(short Course)

XC Race lengths - A grade approx 1.5 hours

B grade approx 1 hour

C grade approx 45 mins

Juniors - approx 20 mins

We are planning a completely new layout of the Cross Country course while using some of the existing features. The aim is to set a course with less climbing and more decending than the previous course but still technical.

The super D will be similar to last time but a bit longer with more passing opportunities.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pete Janssen rode the course last weekend, reports say that the course is still in good condition. Just some high grass to be cut, berms to re shaped in places and of course the leaf litter. Apart from that course is great.

Will be good to see you all out there.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Does any one have pics of the course at all?
What sort of distance per lap for the XC?
And what distance is the Super D?

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The course we are using is the junior track. Well thats what I've been told. Length is around 3km ish, dont quote me on that.
The super D will be started from the top of the hill. My guess it will be around 1-1.5km long.

Pics
I take my racing seriously...

Stu on the climb.

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Sounds like fun! i take it the run will be a XC course, no jumps. drops or super techincal sections?

Just getting a feel for bike set up for the event.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like fun! i take it the run will be a XC course, no jumps. drops or super techincal sections?

Just getting a feel for bike set up for the event.
There not really too many tech sections. If we do take the junior track we wont be doing "Snakes and Ladders"
There is a fair few rocks around the track, so dont have anything over 40psi. Depending on your weight too..
Its only a club race so it wont be a tough course, more of a fun get out there a ride track.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My last bump to the top.
Dont forget to bring some extra cash for Super D and a snag and coke after the racing. :)