QLD State Champs Results

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Just like the first couple World Cup rounds this year, the heavens opened up before the final runs to make things a little more interesting.

Elite Men:
1. Ayden Eves
2. Sean McCarroll
3. Ricky Lee
4. Damien Bogatek
5. Tom Richards
6. Lindsay Klein
7. Andrew Roberts
8. Tim McCullough
9. Steven Sloots
10. Reece Kyte

Elite Women:
1. Isabel Georgian

U/19 Men:
1. Adrian Dawson
2. Rhys Willemse
3. Brodie Sturgess
4. Cameron Allonby
5. Tamryn Murrell

Full results here (pdf).

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 873
Last edited:

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
That's the seeding run results. The final results you want to put up Scott is the Run Ranking 2 (that's what they used for presentations anyway).

As is it's want the rain started to come down just before the final runs which made things a bit slippery so the time's were a bit slower. Great weekend though, had fun.

Last edited:

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
Track was slow, crap, flat, no big stunts, had heaps of uphill, didn't flow, was too short, and shoul have been used for xc.

Was Awesome. Best track I've ever ridden. It owned me..

scotty beefs

Likes Dirt
Depends how you look at it...

The top was pretty sketchy, lots of loose rock etc - fun. Main rock garden is always fun and I think most people liked it in the end.

The middle bit was sweet - there's one log on a corner that is just random and shit but nothing too bad.

Towards the bottom is a re-introduced bit that was being called Aydens Section - it was the main gripe of most people...it lacked flow and had an undulating/uphill pedal to a jump that you really needed to make if you wanted to hit the next section sweet. If it cut left across to the jump after you bunnyhopped the rock at the entrace rather then cutting right it would have been sweet.

The next changed bit was being called the cowslide corner - first impressions were that it sucked and took more flow out of the top section. After you practiced it a few times though it was pretty good fun to try and keep your speed through, hugging the little tree at the top of left hander - not to mention the beach ball sized boulder you had to negotiate in your race run thanks to Rhys's crash :p

If you wanted super fast, easy and smooth then you probably wouldn't have liked it. Loose, challenging and fun would probably sum it up.

Congrats to Aiden for for winning. 8 seconds i think he won by, very impressive. that track in the rain would have to be one or the more challenging things to ride and a clean run was hard to put together with the top rock garden claiming a lot of people in the wet. Big thanks to The Eves family and the Mackay club for puting on a great event. Good on Scott Hansen for wining Vets on a diet of Longbeach, Jim Beam and Ice Break.

i like dirt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I farking loved it. The SES shuttle guys ruled the guy me and some other riders had was a loose canon. he got air off the uphills and the drift king yo!

I didn't like the top section of the track at first but it grew on me as I learned to ride it. I sucked at the rock garden until I stopped using the brakes. I went through full grip on the bars without touching the brake levers and you go so much quicker :D

Bottom section was nice and flowy with the mini rock gardens in it. The lil random jumps in it were kinda stupid though.

No air-horns were allowed :confused: which was lame so we attempted to fill the void of noise with mindless yelling. We let the air horn off during presentations though :)

All up it was a great experience for me and I'm sure it was for heaps of other riders.

I'm so pumped for the next season now.

Little T

Likes Dirt
It was a very good race that ran well and smoothly. I must say a big thankyou to the Mackay mountain bike club, all the organisers/volunteers, SES drivers and the riders for being there. I was a little disappointed with the changes to the track since last time, especially the corner after the 'cow slide jump' and 'aidens section' took away the flow of the track. Otherwise the track was good, but fully blown out by race time. I cant wait until the next time i go up there and i hope to see some more people at the local races from now on. Once again thankyou to everyone who helped out/ attended.

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sounds like a great weekend!
good work jesus :) ill give you shit next time im at kenmore cycles only because you didnt win:p congratz to the winners!

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
It was a super good race. DRIFT KING! What a shuttle. Sucks 3 out of the 5 crashes that weekend happened on the race run. Then again, in the end it's not how fast you are on the track it's how much you drink afterwards.

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The full results say that TIM EATON won the race, what is the go there?
Thats for Run 1 mate, Run 1 was the seeding/qualifying... run 2 was the real run ;)

Anyways, fffuuucckkk yeah Adrian. Look out for this kid if he hits nationals. Still only 16 to...

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Thats for Run 1 mate, Run 1 was the seeding/qualifying... run 2 was the real run ;)

Anyways, fffuuucckkk yeah Adrian. Look out for this kid if he hits nationals. Still only 16 to...
I think you will find he is 18 now, works with his dad.