Qld State DH Series Round 2 - Illinbah CANCELLED!!!

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate, can't believe you made that statement.
If We decided to go ahead with the race. Firstly, you will have to try and walk through the creek and good luck if you can make it through. Then you get up the track and start riding... Your riding through the rainforest and it's slippery and muddy. You lose control of your bike and you slam head first into a tree. The next problem we have is not being able to get to you to save you because we can't even drive a 4 wheel drive up the hill and a quad would be useless. So somehow we have to get you to the helicopter pick up site but we can't move you because your neck is broken. To top things off, this is not a National series and this could be the first time you ever raced, and we go ahead and run the race expecting first timers to handle our track in the wet. Mate grow a brain and wake up. We don't need idiots like you in this sport.
+1
It would have been my first time at Illinbah, and I didn't particularly want to die.

HamaNinjA

Likes Bikes
Great

Hi,

Great to see it was not on this weekend ( way too much rain down here ), that is the smartest thing to do and shows that the people running the event are professional.

Looking forward to racing it at the re run in the near future:D

HamaNinjA:D

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
This is squarely and entirely the fault of all those people who wished for rain on the weekend to make things "interesting".

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
thats me :D
if you read my post a few pages back you would see i was trying to jinx it so it wouldnt rain. So realy this is completly everyones fault that didnt want it to rain because they jinxed it and my one jinx wasnt enoth to over come it. :eek:

nic1894

Likes Bikes and Dirt
gd

im unhappy that it has rained and been canceled but sorta happy because the track would have been ruined after all the practice runs that would add to the slippery mud that is impossible to get through when its wet so good decision gold coast club tou have done a awsome job thx guys

nic

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
Nope... Stress will kill my friends and co-workers when I finally snap.

It's too wet ;)
I'm curious, have you actually ridden the rainforest when it's wet? And I mean actually wet, aka Nationals 07 morning practice.

certainly agree with your little saying there GG;) bar the friends bit though.

Oh & yes 07 nationals was fun, I was one of the first to bath in the creek down the bottom.:D pass the soap please.... :eek::eek:

party76

Likes Dirt
was looking forward to illinbah and two days of none stop gravity fuelled mayhem! it will be worth waiting for! the gc club have made the right call in my eyes! if emergancy crew cant get up or down a course the race cannot be run.simple as that. this is not a world cup round. life and the race will go on. everbody will get their shot. remember anybody who has been racing for a season or more knows this can happen and deals with it. i remember the same thing happening at nerang, toowoomba, magpie creek and even kenilworth has come close! who really wants to do runs in two foot deep sloppy stinky shit! not to mention the damage it does to both bike and track alike. bring on round 2 when the sun comes out gc.i will be there with a grin from ear to ear!:cool:

Ps. who is the toerag that got off a plane from melbourne yesterday and bought this shithouse weather with em!

Last edited:

stevo_93

Likes Dirt
certainly agree with your little saying there GG;) bar the friends bit though.

Oh & yes 07 nationals was fun, I was one of the first to bath in the creek down the bottom.:D pass the soap please.... :eek::eek:
The rain forest was a good challenge, except those kids that kept stopping every few metres and blocking half the track!

Pete_10

Likes Bikes and Dirt
sooks

haha good one Pete, go and get the race cancelled with your negativity! 1 minute later Steve calls it off :p

All I can say is thank f*ck for that! Illinbah licks man back sweat when it's wet!
Haha I go alright!

Good call I reckon. Everyone needs to chill out, the race will be on sometime.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will the people who have registered have to register for the race again or will it carry over? Will the re-run be a two day event as well?

stevenw

Pro Rider
Will the people who have registered have to register for the race again or will it carry over? Will the re-run be a two day event as well?
It will still be a 2 day event. You can either get a refund from TWP or your rego will carry over for the race. Not confirmed yet but it looks like the race will be held on the 13th -14th June.