Qld State DH Series Round 2 - Illinbah CANCELLED!!!

stevenw

Pro Rider
AFTER THE RAIN WE RECEIVED LASTNIGHT/TODAY AND THE WEATHER PREDICTIONS FOR THE WEEKEND AREN'T GOOD, GOLD COAST MTB CLUB AND MTBA INSPECTED THE TRACK THIS MORNING AND HAVE DECIDED TO CANCEL THE RACE THIS WEEKEND. EVEN IF IT STOPPED RAINING RIGHT NOW, THE TRACK WOULD STILL BE TO DANGEROUS TO RACE ON SUNDAY AND WE HAVE A DUTY OF CARE TO ALL RIDERS.

THE RACE WILL BE RESCHEDULED AT A LATER DATE AND WE WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON A NEW DATE.

THE CALL TO CANCELL THE RACE HAD TO BE MADE TODAY AS THERE WERE A FEW PEOPLE COMING FROM NORTH QLD AND INTERSTATE FOR THIS RACE.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.

2 DAY EVENT TO BE HELD AT ILLINBAH
4TH - 5TH APRIL 2009

Downhill Pre Entry Fees:

Junior Hardtail, U/17 & U/15 $45
Expert (B), Sport (C), Vets, Masters, Senior Hardtail, U(19). $55
Elite - Men & Women: $55

$50 extra to ride on Saturday (DH only)

Please note $10 extra for entry on the day!

Please register online at www.twowheelpromotions.com.au as this will help organises to plan for shuttles and food/drinks.

There will be camping available at Canungra. Contact 0409 550 745
(There is no camping at Illinbah)

Last edited:

MTB MAD

Likes Dirt
i cant wait eather it going to be cool 2 days of downhill is the camping at shark park???? why no camping at illinbah??????

d_j1

Likes Dirt
I registered about two days ago and it stated on the website that the saturday would cost $50 not $45. I know it's only $5 but just wondering what's going on there.

stevenw

Pro Rider
I registered about two days ago and it stated on the website that the saturday would cost $50 not $45. I know it's only $5 but just wondering what's going on there.
It says $45 on my list.... I'll look into it for ya.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hopefully I won't die eh?
Might just watch saturday and ride sunday.
U/15 Rep! :rolleyes:
Registering Shortly

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Yes!
I was hoping Illinbah would be a 2 day round like Kenilworth. That means I get to figure the track out and be ridiculously tired for race run! :D

Hopefully it rains again. I'm beginning to like the wet rock garden :rolleyes:

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Yes!
I was hoping Illinbah would be a 2 day round like Kenilworth. That means I get to figure the track out and be ridiculously tired for race run! :D

Hopefully it rains again. I'm beginning to like the wet rock garden :rolleyes:
why would you even say that:rolleyes::)

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
Awesome, stoked and i hope to be going.

Question for all the Toowoomba'ians out there, is anyone going out on saturday with a spare seat and space for a bike? I'll help pay petrol and can bring a tent/swag (which ever is more convenient). In case its important I'm 18.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
ok i have just registerd online, and im under the age of 18 but my parents will be there but on TWP it says if your under 18 download a pdf form and get the rents to sign it. Do i still need to do this if ma parents will be there?
AND
Is it pay on the day now?

Thanks

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It says $45 on my list.... I'll look into it for ya.
You have the choice of one or two days downhilling. When entering please advise if you are taking part in the practice day. An additional charge for practice on Saturday is $50 which includes shuttles.
- From the TWP site

Also when you go to the website to sign up it charges $50 for the saturday.

juzzo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome, stoked and i hope to be going.

Question for all the Toowoomba'ians out there, is anyone going out on saturday with a spare seat and space for a bike? I'll help pay petrol and can bring a tent/swag (which ever is more convenient). In case its important I'm 18.
I possibly might have a spare spot. Pm me closer to the date and ill let you know

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See you all there.
Just got the heads up from the 'rents that I'm able to go!
New Knee/Shinies and elbow pads just arived as well, stoked.