QR20 to normal skewer QR adaptor

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
Do these exist? I am keen on getting a rigid fork, but would have to buy a new wheel (or at least a new hub)

Just wondering if i can get around this dilemma

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not sure if you can get them aftermarket but you can get hubs which come witht hem so i'd say you could.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
dude, get rid of that sig. It kills my comp and Im on broadband. its like 4.5mg :roll:

Rik

logged out
20mm hubs are 110mm wide
QR hubs are 100mm wide

There lies your biggest problem.
You can get a 20mm rigid fork, I can't remember who makes them, but talk about overkill.
You can get a new hub and have it laced to your wheel... but your best bet would be to buy a new QR front wheel. Depending on your riding, you could get away with a lightish rim (if you kill front rims, there's problems), and you could probably get a half decent cheap wheel for the same price it'd cost to buy a new hub and have it laced.

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
u will that because of the different spacing of these 2 different standards, that it will be impossible to find and an adaptor. QR being 100mm, 20mm being 110mm between the dropouts.

there have been some home hade jobs, requiring a bit of machining etc, but overall ur probably better off buying a new hub :wink: