Queens of the Stoneage - Lullabies to Paralyse

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
Hey.

Any of you guys and girls got this new album yet .. if so what you reckon?

i dled it about a month and my 1st impressions wernt great .. though you could say i had really high expectations .. i gave it another GOOD listen a couple of days ago and now i am in love with this album .. Though i cant say it is anywhere near as good as Rated R which holds a place in my heart.

the album is very groovy and very cool .. On the DVD you find out about hte special guests and what not like the dude from ZZ Top .. there is a totally crazy interview with Josh Homme and some girl .. and you get to the a rad video clip

outa 10 i would give it an 8 great cd for chilling out and doing what you do .... or just having a beer ;)

Cheers
Josh

Rik

logged out
Hmmmm, yeh nah maybe.
More the Josh Hommes project, or another Desert Sessions, than it is QOTSA.

konasaurus

Likes Dirt
Yeh When i first listened to it alls i could think was Desert sessions .... it is really the same just abit more stability in the band ... members wise

cheese

Likes Dirt
Cant say I like it much, ive been hearing it most mornings for a month or so now im my mates car. Im waitin 4 him 2 get over it :rolleyes:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I don't really get into QOTSA. Can't say I like any of their stuff really. Kyuss were pretty good back in the day though, but again I think they were prolly a bit over-rated. Seems to me that a lot of bands/musicians go about things backwards, Instead of getting heavier with time, they start quite heavy and just get softer and softer. I'm not sure if this is because people mellow as they get older, or get greedier for the cash a broader fan base brings.

danv

Likes Dirt
I was waiting out for the album release, mainly because I couldn't be bothered downloading (a bit of a hasstle with my current set up), but still haven't found a time to sit and listen to it in full like I planned. Instead i've heard bits and pieces, which I wasn't plannig to do. Little Sister was a good single choice, and it's a pretty good song. Having those awesome riffs only once and at the end of the song makes it kind of addictive.
Medication is all right as well, but there's something distinctly un qotsa about it, and that point is kind of telling of the sound of alot of the rest of the songs. I still haven't heard enough of it to make any good judgements yet though.

I also haven't noticed any songs that reach energy and extremes of First It Giveth and Go With The Flow either. It sounds like they've lost something really good that was present in the sound on SFTD, and gained something else on the new album, which i'm not too sure about yet.

I'm still dying to sit down and listen to it in full a few times though.

Also, in a wierd coincidence, I have just started really really getting into SFTD again.

I'm hoping that this will kind of be a phase, and in a year or two, nick will come back, and they'll release something more like Rated R and SFTD. Or maybe i'll just really get into the new sound once I listen to it more.

Scully

Likes Dirt
I'm out to buy it today. I heard most of the album when they played it on JJJ and thought it was sounding pretty good, though it was clear that it's not going to be anything like Songs For The Deaf or Rated R. Still I really enjoy QOTSA and sure I'll enjoy this ablum a lot.

huh

Likes Bikes
Queers of the Stone Age are crap and Konasaurus needs to change his music tastes.......(except for what he's burning for me...)

J()nny

Likes Bikes
Its ok. It has a few good tracks but its not up to Songs for the Deaf standards. Lullabies to Paralyze sounds a lot softer.