Queensland Gravity Enduro State Champs.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm expecting to be back in QLD around Nov 12th. I've been off the bike for 2 months but this is a good chance to get up to mischief!

John Muldoon

Likes Bikes
I love these events. Gives me an excuse to spend heaps on my bike in preparation. Problem is now I won't have any excuses for poor times. Except of course my fitness and skill level :bounce:

g3rg

Likes Bikes
Sorry Andy, wasn't asking if it was ok to go in Sports category! Was just checking that amount of travel + tyre choice would be ok! I'd much rather come 50% of the way through the field and be pushed hard than come 1st where I shouldn't be.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
HAHA, no idea Greg, I didn't read "NOT". I read I plan to be on the podium?????

The 5010 will be spot on. Need a bike you can pedal fast and won't loose much time on the really rough bits.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hurry up and get you entries in. Only limited spaces and they are filling up quick.

Check www.gravityenduro.com.au or SEQ gravity enduro on facebook to see some of the new sponsors jumping on board.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
I'm expecting to be back in QLD around Nov 12th. I've been off the bike for 2 months but this is a good chance to get up to mischief!
Have spent the last few months on site with no bike, I am dead set going to be the lucky last for Sport :pray:

Andy - how long are the climbs?

F-Bomb

Likes Bikes
Anyone interested in sharing accommodation?

The Clewley’s Country resort has units with 2 single beds and a double bed for 120$ / night.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hurry up and get you entries in. Only limited spaces and they are filling up quick.

Check www.gravityenduro.com.au or SEQ gravity enduro on facebook to see some of the new sponsors jumping on board.
Don't reckon I can confirm my availability till Monday, here's hoping I get a spot!

Have spent the last few months on site with no bike, I am dead set going to be the lucky last for Sport :pray:
Haha, I'll be battling you for the wooden spoon now. I guess its been 3 months now?

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Remember the climbs are untimed, so as long as you keep moving you can make your start time for the next stage fairly easily.

cressa

Likes Dirt
Alright. Have registered for Saturday and Sunday. But... I'm only a maybe for Saturday at this stage. Looks like I'm rolling solo at the moment so come and say hi to the lonely looking guy on the bike way beyond his abilities.

Mugger

Senir oMermber
Don't reckon I can confirm my availability till Monday, here's hoping I get a spot!

Haha, I'll be battling you for the wooden spoon now. I guess its been 3 months now?
You going to try get some practice in before hand or riding blind, aww yee.

John Muldoon

Likes Bikes
I'll be riding Toowoomba for the first time on race day. Had grand plans of getting out there to practise but life and work got in the way. How hard could it be? :help:

shhhteve

Likes Dirt
was giong to enter on my anthem... but saw that they use the start of the DH track.. and thought fuuuuuuckkkkk thaaaatttt...

its a struggle on my DH bike to get flow down it... let alone on my 4inch giant...

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
was giong to enter on my anthem... but saw that they use the start of the DH track.. and thought fuuuuuuckkkkk thaaaatttt...

its a struggle on my DH bike to get flow down it... let alone on my 4inch giant...
That stage turns off the DH track about 1 min down then the next 6 minutes would see you making up heaps of time on an Anthem.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Three of five stages are easy access from the main fireroad that runs beside the Frenzy DH track. The other two probably aren't as spectator friendly, but both have cool bits near the bottom that would be cool to watch.

cressa

Likes Dirt
How has the rain been up there? Super tacky or super slip and slide.

I have memories of a sunshine series round that got rained out many years ago. Frenzy turned into a slippery mud fest. Never seem so many clogged up rear (and front) wheels.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was super tacky this arvo. Hero traction FTW. No rain yet tonight either, so should be perfect again tomorrow.