Queensland Sunshine Series 2009

joshrides

Likes Dirt
ok so i was just browsing through two wheel promotions the other day and noticed the information of 2009 sunshine series.

2009 Sunshine Series

2009 QLD State Series

New for 2009 as well as the Sunshine Series held in South East Queensland there is also a QLD State Series. There is a cross country series and a downhill series with Clubs from S.E. QLD and also Rockhampton & Townsville in the new State Series.

Some of the Sunshine Series rounds also double up as rounds of the State Series. All State rounds are highlighted in Orange. (Please note Rockhampton & Townsville are not part of the Sunshine Series)

Points System - There are 4 cross country rounds that collect points for the Sunshine Series . There are 5 downhill rounds. Some rounds have double points e.g you get points for the Sunshine Series and points toward the State Series.

State Championships Cross Country & State Championship Downhill

These are stand alone event and no points go towards the Sunshine Series. You do not have to take part in the Series to take part in the State Championships. The Championship positions are decided on that days racing.

QLD State Rounds - These include the highlighted Sunshine Series rounds as well as rounds in Northern Queensland (these rounds are highlighted in orange)

DATE

HOST

VENUE

XC

DH

22 Feb

TRC
John Pinnell 0438 342 557

Adare Homestead, Adare near Gatton

15 March

Brisbane South MTB Club
Helen Walker 0447 432557

Scout Camp Karingal Rd, Mt Cotton UBD 224 N11

5 April

Gold Coast MTB Club
Peter Hallinan

Upper Coomera Rd
Illinbah Track UBD 45 B8

26 April

Kenmore Cycling Club

John Forbes 3378 0288

Mt Crosby
UBD 174 R11

17th May

D’Aguilar Range(DRCC)
Gavin Finlay 3366 0379

Raaen Rd, D’Aguilar
UBD 36 E7

5 July

QLD Champs Rockhampton

Rockhampton

XC
Champ

19 July Townsiville State Round
8 March

Gravity MTB Club

Pete Wilson 0409 623 893

Kenilworth Maleny-Kenilworth Rd.,

Sunshine Coast

UBD 32 A5

5 April

Gold Coast MTB Club
Peter Hallinan 0407753327

Upper Coomera Rd
Illinbah Track UBD 45 B8

3 May

Toowoomba MTB Club

Mark Farrington

0427 196925

Jubilee Park, Withcott

24 May

Kenmore Cycling Club
John Forbes 3378 0288

Upper Brookfield

UBD 135 R16

5 July

QLD Championships

Rockhampton

DH

Champ

26 July

Brisbane South MTB Club

Helen Walker 0447 432 557

(to be advised)

Beenleigh area
Apparently its out near beadesert so ive heard, not near beenleigh.

9August
Townsiville Mt Stuart

State Round

30 August DRCC Club Upper Brookfield D/Hill 6

here is the link.
http://www.twowheelpromotions.com.au/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=69&Itemid=80

Last edited:

kynan77

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know where the DH event on the 26 july is going to be held, is says Beenleigh area?
Could it be at Cedar creek where the event was held a few years ago and then land got sold

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
this was postd on mtb dirt in a simaler thread

"The new Rats DH track is on private property on Duck Ck Rd, south of Beaudesert, near the base of O'Reillys Plateau - not Beenleigh. It hasn't been built yet but the land has good incline. That's something we'll get into 2009 once all the rain's stopped. Once we get the track built (another job for For The Riders) we'll have some open days before our round. Lots of work to do yet."

SGT. BILcO

Likes Dirt
Sweet, i will be raceing in my first race. I dont know what will happen, should be fun as though.
Sarg.

Rider15

Likes Bikes and Dirt
this was postd on mtb dirt in a simaler thread

"The new Rats DH track is on private property on Duck Ck Rd, south of Beaudesert, near the base of O'Reillys Plateau - not Beenleigh. It hasn't been built yet but the land has good incline. That's something we'll get into 2009 once all the rain's stopped. Once we get the track built (another job for For The Riders) we'll have some open days before our round. Lots of work to do yet."
Hope it has a good decline as well.

joy boy

Likes Dirt
Yeah I'll be out there, on the site down the bottom there was a little round 6 at upper brookefield, is that still a round or a typo.

first time racing the whole series, should be lots of fun. I'm gonna try to meet some people so if your out there and you see a kid on an old gemini give us a yell.

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
Yeah i can not wait till sunshine it should be sweet to meet some racers,
see yous all there:D

joshrides

Likes Dirt
im mates with cody too. yea we at kenilworth we should meet up i dont really know anyone apart from cody and a few others lol

Jammo

Likes Dirt
YEWWWW getting so close first year in under 17's gonna be so sweet :). i thought first race was kenilworth ?

_CODY_

Likes Dirt
hey josh do you remember that "over friendly" guy at KOD
ahahahahaah
i got an idea..... lets meet people at races:eek: