Queenstown early oct ?

alpasue

Likes Bikes
I know there are lots of pages on qtown bike park and ive read most but what are anyones thoughts on going from 5th oct to 12th oct ? Im sure its still in there winter season and it only opens a few weeks before, so will all tracks be open ? Any thoughts would be great !

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
I went towards the end of april this year when the biking was starting to wrap up. All the trails were open then. It was great since it wasn't overly crowded however the tracks look like they had seen better days. Not that that's surprising since they'd been hammered for months. As long as the trails had been repaired/maintained over winter it could be a great time to go (though I don't know how many trails would be open).

rustysteel

Likes Bikes
I know there are lots of pages on qtown bike park and ive read most but what are anyones thoughts on going from 5th oct to 12th oct ? Im sure its still in there winter season and it only opens a few weeks before, so will all tracks be open ? Any thoughts would be great !
You won't know if all the tracks are open until closer to the date, but if the gondy is open for bikes a few weeks earlier then those dates should be mint and you'll love it - although anything other than the first 2 weeks of January should be fine - DO NOT GO IN EARLY JAN haha (massive queue's!!)

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Was there in Feb, QBT are the only contact you need.
Jono will sort you out!

bricks

Likes Bikes
Wouldn't look at going in Oct. Main trails will be open but not the single black or double blacks. I went in Feb this year with a group of mates and didn't rain once. Trails were sick and well maintained. If I was you I'd hold off for a month and hit it in November or early next year..

aligogs

Likes Bikes
i went in late october last year.. most of the tracks were open and ones that were closed, opened during our stay.. basically you could be lucky or not. weather plays the biggest part. at least it wasn't busy though! and if any of the track are closed there's always the bike taxi.. can't wait for another trip to queenstown!

alpasue

Likes Bikes
Queenstown !

Thanks for the input, its a hard one as the crew of 6/8 of us going are on a tight seasonal schedule. Tickets last week for $388 return out of canberra was really cheap and i hope they stay under $500. Weather is going to be so important but you just cant control it, anymore info would be great especially from a local !