Query about 04 Boxxer Teams

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i just bought an ironhorse sgs team dh, about 4 weeks ago, and when i push on the forks (04 boxxer team) it makes like an air bubbling sound.
they were recently serviced, is this sound normal? is it just a sound or is it bad for the forks?

any reply is much appreciated,

Jaime

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think thats what is happening, but if i take the tops of, lower the forks down til the oil is level with the top then put them back together, wont it just suck more air in through the seals?

S.

ex offender
i think you better take it to a bikeshop
I think you better stop giving advice on something you very clearly don't know anything about.

freestyle1410 - yes that sound is normal. 04 Boxxers are open bath forks, which means the oil isn't sealed in a cartridge. If you filled them completely up with oil they wouldn't move for starters. It is possible that your oil level is too low though. To measure, take the top caps of the fork off, pull the springs out and fully compress the fork. The oil level should be between 115mm and 135mm from the top of the stanchion, measured with the springs out. If there is enough oil in there, they're fine, that's just the noise the damper makes.

Ride.Dirt.Wake.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you better stop giving advice on something you very clearly don't know anything about.

freestyle1410 - yes that sound is normal. 04 Boxxers are open bath forks, which means the oil isn't sealed in a cartridge. If you filled them completely up with oil they wouldn't move for starters. It is possible that your oil level is too low though. To measure, take the top caps of the fork off, pull the springs out and fully compress the fork. The oil level should be between 115mm and 135mm from the top of the stanchion, measured with the springs out. If there is enough oil in there, they're fine, that's just the noise the damper makes.
ok thanks. ill check that soon. they work fine, they top out off some jumps though.