Question for the fork tuning gurus

treble

Likes Dirt
I'm wondering if anyone familiar with fox fork tuning can help me out.

I have a 2014 Fox 36 Talas 180 FIT RC2. Having recently established I can upgrade to something newer, I would like to try and use this fork on my hardtail, which is currently sitting fork-less.
I'd like to convert the Talas to a Float, as I never use the lower position anyway (currently 180 or 140mm) and it seems to leak a few PSI between rides. Does anyone know what parts I would need to order to do this?
Also, with the float installed, would I be able to lower the fork to 150 or 160mm? as 180mm is a bit too long for the hardtail setup.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have no specific information for you regarding the parts, but in theory you are just changing the "spring" over. This shouldn't be too difficult. I have done it with Rock Shock Lyrics and Marzocchi 55 ATA forks.

I was recently tempted to buy some Fox Float forks and was advised by the store they were coming from that I could have any travel setting i wanted from 120mm to 180mm. Their fee for the service was quite reasonable.

Hools

Likes Dirt
Just did this with a fox 34 Talas 140-120. Had the travel reduced to 120 and a fit4 damper and Float Air Spring put in. All work done by Cyclinic but you can order the parts if you want to do the work yourself. I would give them a call and ask what's needed. They're very easy to deal with.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just did this with a fox 34 Talas 140-120. Had the travel reduced to 120 and a fit4 damper and Float Air Spring put in. All work done by Cyclinic but you can order the parts if you want to do the work yourself. I would give them a call and ask what's needed. They're very easy to deal with.
They are very professional and helpful.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just went through the torture of converting a 2011 fox 36 talas to float and lowering it. Best thing to do is email Mojo suspension in the UK, they'll give you all the part numbers. Here's my list from a quick 10 mins on the fox help.

You'll need;

820-05-187 2011 36 Light 160 FLOAT Air Topcap Assembly
820-02-230 Air Shaft Assy, 2014 36 26in FLOAT 160
234-04-436 Neg Plate, 2013 36 26in FLOAT 160mm
241-00-005 Fastener, Custom: Nut, Bottom, R_RL_RLC
241-01-002-C Fastener, Custom: Crush Washer, Plastic, R_RL_RLC

Included the bottom nut and crush washer because air assemblies from fox DO NOT come with these. I found out the hard way....
Part numbers taken from here --> http://www.ridefox.com/help.php?m=bike&id=85

Lowering thread from pinkbike --> http://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=166187