Question regarding 07 range of bikes

strauss

Likes Dirt
i apoligise if this is in the wrong section.
i am intersted in purching a 06 model A line or faith at the end of the year and was just wondering with the 2007 range coming if this will mean that the prices will drop on the current 06 models and is it worth waiting to see what happens?
any help would be appreciated
cheers, :)

doggi

Banned
yy

Hi,
Yes , the prices do drop and if you have cash they tend to do you a great deal.
The bikes in question are mass produced so you shouldnt have to mutch problem getting one .
Oh and thoes faiths are bloody heavy .

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you probably missed the boat. The best time to buy is before june. Thats when i got my old bike for $700 off

strauss

Likes Dirt
thanks guys for your help, either way i will have to wait a bit longer any way till i get the cash together and then just see how it pans out

Mitchz

Likes Bikes
I reckon the boat is still going...

In my experience you can get some awesome deals on floor stock of old models, even factory/distributer stock of old models. Ive bought a couple of bikes this way in the past year and a bit with about $1000 knocked off each.

Go armed with a wad of cash, get the best price then make a right now cash offer. Be patient and negotiate, generally you and the bike shop dude should be able to reach a happy medium with them clearing the floor for new stock and you saving $$$.

Good luck.

chris_mtb

Banned
well i got my first bike around this time last year and i got it $500 off but it was a crappy giant iguana but around this time is the best time to be getting a new bike

9dollar

Likes Bikes
From what I have noticed from making a few calls is that there is still some 06stock left in the norco range in Aus. There are some good savings to be made, call around and sus out the best price over the phone. Get some cash and try and get a good deal instore.

Some shops won't give out prices over the phone so it does pay to go and have a good look at whats out there.

Hugle

Likes Dirt
yeh i had heaps of trouble getting ne1 to give a price other than the rrp over the fone, so it pays to go and have a chat. sometimes can also get cheap/free gloves ect., i got mine $30 off :)

VPSDH

Likes Dirt
In the latest edition of Aust Mountian Bike (Aug/Sep) - the Bike Shed (Sydney) have an ad for 06 Norco A-line going for $2999 brand new, apparently about $1000 off the new price.:D