Question: What do all FRl MTB for 2012?

rb baby

Likes Dirt
As title suggests im trying to gather info before I order from those either that own or are in the know for a good value "do all" MTB from the 2012 models from makers that are currently available or soon to be released.

I have been riding a NS Core 1 for the past few months but would like to buy a freeride short travel bike, I have been searching on here and the net and ive come up with a few but unfortunatley I cannot go down to my LBS and test ride as the only brands available are Avanti or Scott (Voltage FR could go on the list), so my list so far is...

NS Soda FR1 - I already have a bike from NS and im very happy with it, though unavailable for about a month.
Transition BottleRocket - Cool bike, even cooler name !!
Dartmoor Wish - I dont know a lot about these bikes but from searches on here they seem popular.
Kona Entourage - Solid brand, spec looks impressive and its the cheapest out of the four ive listed.

There is very diverse riding where I live and to keep myself interested I like too have at go at it all, so thats why I feel a bike along these lines would be good for my next addition to the hardtail.

Laslty, I dont care if they are not good for pedaling up hill because I avoid that where I can lol

Cheers in advance,

Dave.

moorey

call me Mia
Bottle rocket. Absolutely loving mine to bits. Very stable, handles the rough stuff very well for its travel, nimble, rails like its on tracks......and I can ride it up the hills to the trailhead all day.
No, it doesn't soak up hits like a DH bike, but it does everything else AND pedals well. I was riding it up the You Yangs fire roads in the big ring with ease, and I'm not super fit.
Im also not the most skilled or fastest rider out there, but I know that the bottlerocket could handle 10x what I throw at it.
Weighs about 15.5kg as it is set up, but never feels that heavy.
I wouldn't ever call it an AM bike, but I can ride it like one, and know it will take anything that comes its way when I point it down the hill.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Cheers Moorey,

I can get a decent deal on a BottleRocket so I think I will go that way.

Had a horrible quote on freight from east to west coast on a Entourage today that put the price of it landed at my door not far off the BR, funny how its can be cheaper to freight a bike over seas than it is interstate but best deal wins !!

At 15.5kg I wouldnt think that its heavy but I do ride a chromo hardtail so thats probably around the same weight.

And im the same on skill, fitness, plus im getting old too...

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers Moorey,

I can get a decent deal on a BottleRocket so I think I will go that way.

Had a horrible quote on freight from east to west coast on a Entourage today that put the price of it landed at my door not far off the BR, funny how its can be cheaper to freight a bike over seas than it is interstate but best deal wins !!

At 15.5kg I wouldnt think that its heavy but I do ride a chromo hardtail so thats probably around the same weight.

And im the same on skill, fitness, plus im getting old too...
Buying conplete or frame? Love to see it if you get it.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Yeah buying a complete in red, will deffinatley post pics of it and my NS, spose an intro wouldnt go astray too.

indica

Serial flasher
Have ridden a Bottlerocket - fun they are.
Dartmoor Wish is a weapon.
Love my Sanction though.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Yes, check the PYR.... love it. Hit up Sethius for a Wish though, top bike.
Yeah probably should of got a quote but after trolling through a 130+ page thread on pink bike about BR's im convinced so order has been placed...

moorey

call me Mia
Took my bottlerocket on 2.5hr XC ride this morn. Gave nothing away to either of my mates carbon epic, or anthem......and it ripped the decents.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Yeah probably should of got a quote but after trolling through a 130+ page thread on pink bike about BR's im convinced so order has been placed...
would of been cheaper, especially at the moment. ;) both are great bikes though. :)

rb baby

Likes Dirt
would of been cheaper, especially at the moment. ;) both are great bikes though. :)
Apologies on that one Sethius, I became very impatient but im happy that I got a good deal plus im in out back WA and freight on these things can be the killer !!

CRC, has got me farked how they make money on the bikes or gear they have sent too me?

rb baby

Likes Dirt
On its way

http://www.transitionbikes.com/Bikes_BottleRocket.cfm?Token={ts_2012-04-11_06:01:39}-3339177a195e3a20-7B7E5F75-B798-1F18-1C37662EC727082A

Oooh yeah...