Quick break question

What?

Squid
Most street bikes dont have front breaks, this is due to it not being used much and cutting some weight, right?

Do they actually shed much weight, becuase i do use front break alot, as it has 70% of stopping power :/

Cheers

Plow King

Little bit.
If you don't feel comfortable without haviong a front brake on, don't take it off... You should only really be taking it off IMO if you're doing tricks that warrent it. but even so if you're doing bar spins ect you can run front cables long enough anyway.

I think the reason people don't run them is to do tailwhips, bar spins ect and so they have more room on the bars when pulling tricks. The weight saved would be rather minimal.

cdfeto

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Brakes.
As Plow said, unless you feel comfortable without a front brake and dont feel the need to have one: take it off. Otherwise, don't. Not having a front brake sheds a bit of weight but thats not really why people take them off, the whole bike just feels and looks so much cleaner without one and theres less stuff to get in the way. And some riders really dont need one.
It is also a very fashionable thing, a sort of trend. Just like you, people will see nice street brakes without a front brake and do the same, with no second thought.

H

>Henry

What Plow said is true but to be honest i think most of the people only running rear brakes are posers, Sure there are people who genuinely(sp?) get rid of their front brake to do tricks but i have a hunch there are a lot of people who just do it to look 'Pro'.

Oh well that just my opinion.. :rolleyes:

mitchdogg

Likes Bikes
Yeh i reckon you should just leave it on.
I only have a rear because my front decided to go die on me.
I miss doing endos and the likes.

Mattw513

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeh i reckon you should just leave it on.
I only have a rear because my front decided to go die on me.
I miss doing endos and the likes.
Yeah same thing happened to me, It just stopped working on me so I took it off but if it still worked I wouldn't have taken it off